the "Use New Metrics" checkbox and macro-based Text drawtools

So! As I understand it (from asking in a previous thread a while back), the "Use New Metrics" check box in the text tool basically "normalizes" text heights so that they more closely match the number specified.

My question is this: when utilizing a drawtool that creates text with specific parameters via running a macro, is there any way to add a command to such a macro so that all text created with drawtools will have the box checked automatically?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I don't think so unfortunately. Seem like when this was implemented long ago, the TSPECS command wasn't updated to be able to set that flag.

• CielCiel Traveler

Ah, drats. The new metrics are really good for this city map I've been working on; the text sizes are much easier to work with, I have found. So unfortunately, I won't be able to use macro-based drawtools to set up various kinds of text on that map unless I can remember to manually check the box each time I do so.

On the upside, I can use the Extract Properties tool on existing text on the map to create more text with the same parameters, which honestly will probably be easier than using drawtools and manually checking the box each time!

Thanks as always for the info.