Fill styles arent being selected automatically. Bitmap has to be added manually. How do I fix this?

GustyDucklingGustyDuckling Newcomer
edited September 2020 in Community Support

Many of my floor tools (and possibly more textures) arent being added to the tool automatically, instead I have to go through the list and select the bitmap. The only reason I know which to pick is becasue the default is sometimes something like "Cobbles_grey_CA54" for exaple, so I'll change it to Cobbles_grey_bitmap, and sometimes I cant seem to find what it was supposed to be at all.

But adding them all manually is tedious (and sometimes seemingly impossible, especially when I'm sure there used to be defaults that worked and looked good. I've tried a fresh install but it still doesnt seem to fix it and I dont know what caused it in the first place!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You have the Jon Roberts drawing tools, but the fills I can see in your map and the symbols are DD3. These are different styles.

While it is perfectly fine to mix styles there are a few issues you might encounter along the way. To solve the most likely ones...

• If you don't have the right drawing tools for the style open the drawing tool dialog and where it says CD3 Floorplan DD3 in the dropbox at the top in your last screen shot there, click the down arrow and pick the right style.
    • If you don't have the right fills for the style you want to use, create a dummy file of the desired style and use Import file in the Draw menu to import the dummy file into your current map, but abort the operation just before you paste the temporary file into the one you are working on. This will import the bitmap fills into your map without pasting any other irrelevant stuff.
    • If you don't have the right symbols you can navigate to the right symbol catalogue using the folder button at the top of the symbol catalogue pane. Be careful to open the catalogue file and not the actual folder containing the symbols. Catalogue files are .FSC files.

I hope that helps ?

JimPGustyDucklingDaishoChikara
  • This worked. Thank you!

I've been thinking it was a technical issue for 3 days now and the problem was simply that the styles aren't as cross-comapitble as I had thought. (I was just expecting them to all work whilst only using one innitial map style).

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You're welcome :)

The styles are compatible, but are kept separately like this because they don't necessarily work all that well together. Symbols that look beautiful with the texture fills prepared for them by the artist can also look pretty ropey against textures done for a completely different style by a different artist.