Mirinthatras' Tower

Mirinthatras' Tower, standing over the forgotten city of Even, in Northern Ergoth, in the D&D Dragonlance setting. The Red Robe Wizard Mirinthatras lived there, helping the populace in the tough years after the Cataclysm, until she was betrayed and murdered during the fall of the city at the hands of Ackalite barbarians. Note: the file is big, I'm talking about 6 MB, so I'm just going to paste the hyperlink to my specific DeviantArt page to avoid you the data scare. I've already posted a much lower resolution jpeg in the Facebook page, if you prefer to check it there.

https://www.deviantart.com/daperdepa/art/Mirinthatras-s-Tower-853341461?ga_submit_new=10:1598554483&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1

As for the technical details, I used Perspectives 3+ Bitmap B, A for the fountain, with the isometric Jon Roberts dungeon symbols set and just a hint of CSUAC for one pelt. Final touches to text and background were made in Photoshop. Enjoy!
ShessarLoopysueRaiko

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Oh at last I get to tie your real name up with your PF forum avatar!

A lovely piece of work, and really not that large at all. I have maps that are in the hundreds of MB!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Pretty cool.

The outside of the building kind of look a bit plain though. I know there aren't many wall feature symbols that might help, but sometime you can break up the monotony of a wall by adding a 3D poly as a spacer, either vertical or horizontal.
  • Posted By: LoopysueOh at last I get to tie your real name up with your PF forum avatar!
    The nick is a familiar tradition, a syllabic acronym my brothers and I used for everything online, but please, everyone, feel free to call me Dani if you wish.
    Posted By: MonsenPretty cool.

The outside of the building kind of look a bit plain though. I know there aren't many wall feature symbols that might help, but sometime you can break up the monotony of a wall by adding a 3D poly as a spacer, either vertical or horizontal.
    It does look a bit... bland, doesn't it? I've used 3D spacers before, my previous perspective map had a few buttresses on the side wall, but I think I'm going to try something different here. I'm considering a timber frame or flying buttresses. I let you know how that goes.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Thank you, Dani :)

My nickname is "Mouse", but I'm ok with "Sue".
  • I love Perspective maps and you have done an incredible job on this one. Wow! Thanks so much for sharing. This is truly an inspiration for me.

Daniel Pereda De Pablo