Can a PF dev reach out to Dyson Logos to do an SS6 like Schley's SS4 & SS5

Can a PF dev reach out to Dyson Logos to do an SS6 like Schley's SS4 & SS5. I don't know how the process works, but I chatted briefly with Dyson Logos a couple of years ago and when I asked him if he would ever consider doing it, he wasn't really familiar with CC3. It would be great to get the definitive OSR cartographer to do an SS. I have been using the OSR annual issue but I am never happy with the way the hatching looks. Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Comments

• Well, this is likely a business decision for both sides, I'd say. How of the profit of a SS6 is ProFantasy willing to share? Is Logos comfortable with the thought of other mapmaker producing maps in his style? Or does he feel it is diluting his brand?´

You know, these things.
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited March 2020
    Posted By: MerionWell, this is likely a business decision for both sides, I'd say. How of the profit of a SS6 is ProFantasy willing to share? Is Logos comfortable with the thought of other mapmaker producing maps in his style? Or does he feel it is diluting his brand?´

You know, these things.
    If Schley (arguably one of the best of the dnd cartographers) does it, I don't know why others would have an issue. Dyson literally has hours and hours of video instruction on his drawing style so I doubt he feels threatened by others imitating him. He is now a regularly featured dnd cartographer so "he made it". I would just like to see some effort made to bring him in. As I said I don't know the process or if it has been tried before, but his style is exactly what is missing from CC3+. Cartographer Annual Issue 97 is a good start, but we need more OSR.

I would gladly pay $50 for a Symbol Set from Dyson Logos.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Dyson Logos does great maps, but his style is not quite as conducive to recreating in CC3+, as it less symbol-based using more lines and hatching to achieve the visuals. We have an Annual issues that does similar things.
  • Posted By: RalfDyson Logos does great maps, but his style is not quite as conducive to recreating in CC3+, as it less symbol-based using more lines and hatching to achieve the visuals. We havean Annual issuesthat does similar things.
    Hi Ralf, thanks for the response. I have fought with CA97 for a couple of years now. :) I get frustrated, leave it, come back months later, repeat. It fills the corridors with plaid squares or rocks that are uneven when you change directions, but not a simple square like this. I cannot figure how to get it do something simple like this.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    It doesn't have simple square fill like this yes. I'll see whether we can come with something. Black and white line styles are always a little difficult to set up in CC3+, due to the nature of how sheet effects work.
  • Posted By: RalfIt doesn't have simple square fill like this yes. I'll see whether we can come with something. Black and white line styles are always a little difficult to set up in CC3+, due to the nature of how sheet effects work.
    Thanks Ralf, that would be a dream come true. I am a simple man with simple needs. :) I will gladly pay for it.
  • 25 days later
  • Ok I am excited about April's issue, Inked Dungeons. I hope this is what I have been waiting for!!