City Designer 3 - Walls and Towers

When I use the preset walls and attempt to place a tower at the corners the towers want to place themselves along the edge of the wall. This is very frustrating. How do I keep the symbols from snapping to the edge of the wall? It makes sense for roads and buildings, but why are walls and towers preset to have this behavior?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Both walls and roads are lines, a smart symbol cannot distinguish between these. To prevent symbols from snapping to lines, just right click inside the drawing area with the symbol at the cursor to bring up the symbol parameters box, and just uncheck the smart tracking option.
  • Thank you, I also discovered that I can place towers first then draw walls between them. Not exactly easier, but it does work.
  • 1 year later
  • Working with the walls and towers I am having a problem setting the tower on the wall and upon redraw the wall comes in front of the tower. the move behind and move in front of are not seeming to work. I have resorted to putting sections of walls and towers on different numbered sheets. I think I have run into an operator error but I just cant seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

thnx for any help

Q
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    What style are you using Quayuazue?
  • 2 months later
  • Cities of Schley and Dungeons of Schley .

having problems with moving one stile floor to be above another style.
    sorry i missed responding earlier

thanx for your time

Q [Darren McDowell]
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    That's ok :)

The order in which things are drawn in CC3 is dictated by the order of the Sheets they are drawn on. So for a fictitious example if you draw a wall on a sheet called WALLS 1, and then another taller wall that crosses it and should appear above it on WALLS 2, then the order they need to appear in the Sheets and Effects dialog when you open it by clicking the yellow button on the left is WALLS 1, then WALLS 2. That might seem to be the wrong way around, but it is not. The Sheets listed in that dialog are listed in the order in which they are drawn in the map window. That is why the BACKGROUND sheet is at the top of the list just underneath the invisible COMMON sheet.
  • That is what I have done in these cases
    That silly to front even on the same sheet has just never liked me, lol

Thanx
    Q
  • To use item to front, they and the item you want it in front of have to be on the same sheet.