Download Problems?

Hi -
Are there any problems on the ProFantasy servers?
I tried to download the latest Cartographers Annual (CA149 ) and the latest Tome of Ultimate Mapping version yesterday and this morning.
My Chrome browser reports that the estimated download time for CA149 is 8 hours, and for the Tome PDF is 30 minutes... Normally, my downloads from ProFantasy take about 5 minutes, and I don't appear to be experiencing download problems on other websites/
Any thoughts?

Comments

• I had no problems downloading both the pdf and setup program for the Tome.
    It took me 3 seconds for the pdf and 11 seconds for the setup program.
    So the normal time for me.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    CA149 is much bigger than most other annual issues. I think I remember seeing that it was 1.6GB. That's all the artwork it contains.

Generally speaking, download speeds vary depending on the time of day. If you can find a quiet time to download it will be faster.

The other thing you can do is invest in some kind of download manager. Some have a 30 day free trial if you only want it for just this one thing, but I find mine invaluable and well worth the money.
  • The Internet ebbs and flows like a tidal rush. Its not just your local network and the servers where the download is, its everything in between.

One bit of advice I received some years ago, not sure it still holds, was to not download on the hour, 15 after, 30 after and 45 minutes after the hour. Pick a different time than one of those.
  • edited May 2019
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Looks like my ISP is having some issues. I normally get very swift downloads.
    I've raised the issue with them and hopefully it will be sorted promptly.
    It's just puzzling that it's more noticeable on the ProFantasy download area.

regards,
  • You might select a download, just a small one, that is the 'opposite' direction from Profantasy.

Since I play Everquest, which is in California, I try to connect to there, if I'm having issues connecting to Profantasy. If I get a slow down iun just one direction, I try doing a web search, and a Win 10 site I go to.

Depending on what I find out from doing that, I either wait to download, and/or let someone know I'm havng problems.