Community Atlas - Lampoteuo Region (The Wound)

Looking for feedback on a new dungeon map for the Lampoteuo region.

* Font needs to be clearer
* Font needs to be better spaced
* The scale for the land section does not align with the scale of the regional map. Personally I'm ok with that though.

A Map

Comments

• I love this, Josh! Great work in Perspectives!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Quite nice.

It looks a little weird how the dungeon is on top of the grass though. Have you considered using a dirt background, and then draw the grass on top of that, but cut away for the section occupied by the actual dungeon (with some edge fade effects or similar). This should more visually indicating that we see below the surface of the map for this section.

As for the scale of the topside, I think it is acceptable for such a map, it is more a visual guide to the entrance of the dungeon anyway, and not a proper map of the area. I am a huge proponent of maps being of proper scale (which is one of the things I usually check when I get maps handed in for the atlas), but there will always be some instances where an exception is appropriate.
  • Crikey ! I need to up my game on the iso maps !
  • Great feedback again Monsen! I was thinking on this myself but hadn't really decided on a way to resolve it yet. Will play around tonight.

This type of ISO map is really easy to make as long as you start at the top and work your way forward. I personally don't like using them for games but we had some people around and I was sitting here clicking while we chatted and this is what I produced. A standard ISO map in PER3 is MUCH HARDER as you need to mess around a lot with sheets. This style though is effectively just dungeon pieces that you put together.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: daplunkI personally don't like using them for games
    They have the advantage of making it easier for the DM to visualize the rooms you are describing. And they are also great to visualize differences in floor height.

Personally, I don't use much dungeons of any type in my games though, not to fond of running "dungeoneering" adventures. Consider that, and also the fact that dragons are extinct in my game world, it is kind of ironic that I am running a game called Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, eh?
  • Consider that, and also the fact that dragons are extinct in my game world, it is kind of ironic that I am running a game called AdvancedDungeonsandDragons, eh?
    'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This dragon is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-DRAGON!!

Forgive me...

Anyway, love the map but agree that it needs an earth fill around the complex instead of the grass. I think that would distinguish it better as being subterranean.
  • You are forgiven... Of course, as I read that I envisioned a giant parrot dragon who has passed on, not a lizard like dragon.