Community Atlas Project - Download information - Contributions Welcome

Comments

• Posted By: ShessarReal life has become quite full and busy for me lately - two funerals, clearing out two family estates (one of which is a hoarders house), youngest kid's wedding, two kids buying homes, and of course roleplay campaign design - I'm not going to have time for doing any atlas maps for a while. I think once this is all done my life will finally return to its normal serene pace and I'll get back to making maps and things.

For now I would like to remove my reserve on the interiors of Forrestal Manor ruins just in case anyone else would like to do them.

Happy mapping everyone!
    Oh! So sorry to hear about your losses. However, congrats on gaining a (son/daughter) in law and the proud parent of two homeowners! Don't worry, there will be PLENTY left for you and your talents to map once life gets nice and normal again for you! Take care, Shessar!!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I'm sorry to hear about your losses Gerri. And the sadness I fell on your behalf make me realize how communities like this one is a very interesting thing. On the personal level, I don't really know you that well, but through the various interactions through the years, mostly revolving around a common subject matter, I have come to care about you, and feel genuinely sad when hearing such news.
    And just the same, I feel joy for you when hearing about your kid getting married. My best wishes to both you and the happy couple.

I'll remove the reservation on the areas if that's what your really want, but do keep in mind that there are still plenty of other areas in the world for others to map so don't feel you have to give them up.

Take care.
  • Please accept my deepest sympathy for your losses, and delight in the wedding of your youngest. I hope that Monsen will keep the Forrestal areas reserved for you - as he said, there is plenty more for people to do. Blessings be to you in this trying time (all the way from Australia).
  • HadrianVIHadrianVI Surveyor
    I too am sorry to hear about your losses, Shessar. But also happy for you when hearing about one of your children getting married.

Take care.
  • Thanks for your words of support everyone. It means a lot to me right now when I am feeling more than a little overwhelmed with the list of things that must get done.

Remy is right. We may not really know each other but our common interest lends a feeling of friendship. There have been times both here on the PF forums, as well as other online groups, where people have just disappeared and I've wondered if they were OK. Did something happen or are they just tired of posting. There are a few that I still wonder about years after the communities we were part of have gone offline. I didn't want to just fall off of the forums here without letting you know that I'm OK and that I'll be back at some future date. :)
    There are now three new maps in the atlas, thanks to HadrianVI, Quenten and Lorelei.

Mercia
    Justice Island
    Kraken Island
  • Hi Monsen, can I do The Bleakness in the Forlorn Archipelago, please?
    Sure. I'll reserve it for you. Looks like a cold and desolate place. Guess that poor island at the end of the chain has nothing protecting it from the cold polar winds and rough seas. I look forward to see the result.
  • You might look at cave openings, those should be all over that island. Or not if you don't want to.
  • I would like to work on Growler Bay, using Quenten's map as a guide, but I'm not sure I can uhm do it justice. We shall see.
  • Jim, I'll gladly add caves. And it would be great to see the creator of Forlorn work on my small contribution to a very fascinating archipelago - it has all us mappers intrigued. Please feel absolutely free to give suggestions like the caves one, and don't worry how you word it, I have a thick skin and look at all comments in a constructive light.
  • I think what I'll do is do a rectangular png, and then insert your map and do a trace. I don't see how I can make it better than the one you have all ready done.
  • Just add details, and various lairs/bandit hideouts/dungeons/wicked wizards (or witches, esp of the West) etc. Someone will likely pick up one of these to develop further
    Posted By: JimPI would like to work on Growler Bay, using Quenten's map as a guide, but I'm not sure I can uhm do it justice. We shall see.
    Of course you can. One of the great things about this atlas is to provide a lot of exciting interesting places to explore, and you usually excel at that.
  • Thank you both... but I did put something in my post above that could be seen as a pun or something. :-)
    Don't worry Quenten, I am just as slow.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    And all of this has flown right over my head completely :P

Shessar - please accept my belated condolences for your losses, and also my congratulations for all the happier events.
    Lorelei :)

I've had a look at Malajuri, and I notice there are already some very beautiful additional maps linked to the main one.

Please can you tell me if Sanctuary is already reserved by someone else, and if not - would you mind me mapping it? There seems to be a very large apron of farmland around the place, which would indicate that Sanctuary is a city of reasonable size, but I would far rather hear what you have to say about it. What's Sanctuary like in the eye of your imagination?

Perhaps if you do a very rough 2 minute sketch of how you want it to fit (main roads in and out - how close it really is to the river and the sea, etc) it would give me a better idea of the size of the project - assuming you wouldn't mind me having a go at mapping it?
  • Posted By: LoopysueLorelei :)

I've had a look at Malajuri, and I notice there are already some very beautiful additional maps linked to the main one.

Please can you tell me if Sanctuary is already reserved by someone else, and if not - would you mind me mapping it? There seems to be a very large apron of farmland around the place, which would indicate that Sanctuary is a city of reasonable size, but I would far rather hear what you have to say about it. What's Sanctuary like in the eye of your imagination?

Perhaps if you do a very rough 2 minute sketch of how you want it to fit (main roads in and out - how close it really is to the river and the sea, etc) it would give me a better idea of the size of the project - assuming you wouldn't mind me having a go at mapping it?
    Well, the only thing i was thinking of when creating the island itself was that on the southern hook would be an area the more "civilized and goodly" folk managed to settle safely - carving out a "sanctuary" within the jungle island. I'd figure the city would have an "old town" as i am sure that the original settlement would have been nothing but a small colony that was eventually built around and fortified. But, if i were to envision a city it would look something like the one below in relation to the river and the fields, etc :)

Thank you sooooo much for taking a city on my map! It will lend such exquisite beauty! Looking forward to seeing your interpretation and progress.
  • Did you do that city map, Lorelei - it looks great
    It would be an honour to use Sanctuary as a city site :D

Already the main map and its associated regional maps are very beautiful. I can only hope that I will be able to compliment them properly.

The example you have given me is a PS map I think? Itself a very lovely map, and not an easy one to mimic in CC3, but I do love a challenge :P

Thank you for the 'licence to develop', Lorelei :D

Remy - please can you show the city as reserved on the main map? Thanks :D
    Posted By: LoopysueRemy - please can you show the city as reserved on the main map?
    Sure thing. Looking forward tot he result.
    Thanks Remy :D

Don't know how long this is going to take, but I'm already thinking about it quite hard ;)
    Take the time you need. While some girls with a nick that starts with an L tends to hand in the map about the same day they reserve the area, there is no need to stick to that schedule ;)
    ROFL! No prizes for guessing who you are talking about! :P
    To accomplish my objective to do an overland map on each continent I still have to do a map on Doriant.
    Monsen could you assign me to a random region on Doriant?:D
    I've reserved the Galahais region for you. It's quite large, larger than some of the smaller continents, but I don't think it is sensible doing too small maps compared to the map size, as navigation links tend to be difficult to see then.
    edited May 2017
    Thank you.

Edit: BTW, I'm still working on Vyrn City but I can't work on it more than one hour straight, therefore I'm not making a lot of progress.
This discussion has been closed.