Shessar's Battlemap Competition - Discussion

123457»

Comments

• good luck with the surgery.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Good luck with the surgery Shessar.

And bring my thanks to your gaming group for arranging this.
  • Take care of yourself Shessar!!! You are more important to us:)
  • Let the luck be with you!
    Posted By: MonsenAnd bring my thanks to your gaming group for arranging this.
    +1
  • Best wishes on the surgery Shessar!

Bill
  • Yikes. All the best Shessar, hope you pull through ok.

Mike
  • Thanks everyone. I tore the cartilage in my right knee several months ago. I was hoping that it would improve on its own but have finally admitted defeat. My doctor assures me that I will again be able to walk without a limp and be able to to go up stairs without pain. I will admit that I am terrified and hope that my doctor is telling the truth.

I really wanted to thank everyone for participating in the competition and for sending my gaming group your warm thoughts. I also want to end this on a lighter note.

One guy in our group is the sort of person that has something to say, some quip or comment, about everything. I thought you might find his remarks on the maps amusing. His remarks did not reflect in the voting, they only reflect his inability to keep his thoughts to himself. LOL! In no particular order...

Is that a summoning circle on that bridge? No, I bet it's a ward. I've got a bad feeling about this.We'll send the paladin over first.
    I miss the simplicity of the older style maps. They left more to the imagination. I don't have to put my glasses on to see what's what in that map.
    That's a good basic battle map. You could use it in any campaign. It looks like something you'd buy... wait, is that a cave? What sized army is hiding in there?
    Holy crap! Next up: All hell breaks loose!
    Ahhh! The pretty faeries live here..and they're going to throw you into that electric player zapper! ZZZAAAPPP! Mwahaha, time to roll up new characters.
    Ring of the Ram. Three charges and the baddies go down the hole.
    Are those graves? Undead. You just know there's going to be undead.
    Creepy lighting, a dead body, and another summoning circle. Did you tell them we had a demon after our butts?
    The shadow of that bird thing is creepy. And look, another demon. She did tell them that there's a demon that's hunting us.
    Stairway to the four seasons. That would be a cool one for planar travel. Traverse the four seasons to get to the stairway to the Seven Heavens.

Thanks again everyone! Happy Mapping and Good Gaming to you all!
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Oh wow! He sounds like one hell of a guy to have at a party! LOL

You'll be fine, Shessar. There are a lot of people out here that are thinking of you, and casting all their good healing spells on you :)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2016
    Thanks again for hosting this competition Shessar. I'm sad I wasn't able to participate.

I'm sure the surgery will go well and you'll recover nicely. (Still, who'd say "no" to a potion of extra healing, eh?) Hang in there!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Posted By: DogtagThanks again for hosting this competition Shessar. I'm sad I wasn't able to participate.

I'm sure the surgery will go well and you'll recover nicely. (Still, who'd say "no" to a potion of extra healing, eh?) Hang in there!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    I was sad too Dogtag but understand that life just gets in the way sometimes. :)

Yep. If anyone has an extra potion of healing I'd like to have it. Please?! The problem with being healthy your whole life is that when something does go wrong, you are totally unprepared for it.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2016
    I'll have to take your word for it. :-D