CSUAC 2.0 for CC3+ Released

Support Notice

Note that official support for all resources released by the Vintyri Project, like this one, are via email to info@vintyri.org. You are still welcome to use this forum for help from fellow CC3 users, but the Vintyri project does not monitor this forum or provide support here.

Edit: Download links have changed!

Download page is now here.
Please make sure to visit the FAQ page if you have any issues.

Use these links instead of those in the text below. You may also need to use these links if direct links to files mentioned in the install guides don't work.

UPDATED UPDATE: We now have updated the Vintyri Cartographic Collection and Bogie's Mapping Objects installations for full compatibility with the CSUAC 2.0. With the current versions of both, the Bogie, CSUAC 2 and Vintyri Collections can be installed in any order without overwriting important files. This applies to:

Bogie's Mapping Objects: Version 1.02 or higher. Look in (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus for a file named bogie_version.txt. If you open it, you will see the version number. If it's not there, you have an earlier version that is not yet fully compatible.

Vintyri Cartographic Collection: Version 1.11 or higher. Look in (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus for a file named vcc_version.txt. If you open it, you will see the version number. If it's not there, you have an earlier version that is not yet fully compatible.

For those with an earlier Bogie or Vintyri version, the CSUAC 2 must be installed AFTER Bogie's Mapping Objects and/or the Vintyri Cartographic Collection. Installing in the wrong sequence will overwrite the new CSUAC 2 code with that for the earlier CSUAC version. Anyone who has installed in the wrong sequence can correct it by following the instructions in this posting:

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6307&page=1#Item_8

ORIGINAL POSTING:

We've finished alpha and beta testing and have released a new and improved version of the CSUAC for CC3+. The download comes just short of 700 MB. This is a recommended update but not a necessary update. If you wish, you can keep using Shessar's earlier CSUAC integration.

The new version comes with a standard setup program that eases the installation itself. However, there are file backups that we recommend. It is necessary to run the installation as an administrator. It is recommended that you temporarily shut off your anti-virus program while installing, etc. You'll find the full details in the installation guide. Go to:

http://www.vintyri.org/CSUAC/download_cc3plus.htm/

to download the guide (7.1 MB). It's a bookmarked PDF. The download key for the CSUAC 2.0 is in the guide.

What's Different in Version 2?

CC3+ maps reach their best graphical quality when the symbols and fill styles are available in at least three resolutions and, when possible, four resolutions. Gerri Broman's original CC3 and CC3+ conversions offered only the single resolution used by FM8. The main difference between this earlier CSUAC integration and Version 2 is that the new version now offers the FM8 fill styles in multiple resolutions, as follows:

• All CD3-style city symbols are offered in four resolutions: Very high (VH), high (HI), low (LO) and very low (VL).

• All other symbols and the CSUAC fill styles are offered in three resolutions: High (HI), low (LO) and very low (VL).

Naturally, one might ask why the very high (VH) resolution is missing from the fill style- and dungeon-symbol integration. As mentioned, all of the CSUAC symbols were created for Dundjinni, which uses a single scale of 40 pixels = 1 scale foot. The 40-pixel scale is equal to the VH resolution of CD3, but it is equal only to the HI resolution scale that DD3 sets for dungeon symbols. DD3 defines a VH scale of 100 pixels = 1 scale foot. There are no CSUAC symbols at this scale. Therefore, it's impossible to make dungeon symbols at the VH scale.

Likewise, CC3+ defines the VH resolution for fill styles at 500 x 500 pixels and the HI resolution as 200 x 200 pixels. Dundjinni uses a single fill style resolution of 200 x 200 pixels. Therefore, it's impossible to make CSUAC fill styles at the VH scale.

While the addition of multi-resolution symbols and fill styles is the main improvement offered in Version 2, the new edition also offers a number of other features previously unavailable to CC3+ users:

• Integration of dungeon and city symbols into DD3 and CD3. Structural symbols implement the CD3 demographic coloring system and, where applicable, CD3 automatic street alignment. However, due to license restrictions, we could not implement CD3 roof shadowing.

• Templates now are available for overland, dungeon and city maps that add the CSUAC fill styles and that also add both the CSUAC fill styles and those from the Bogie's Mapping Objects collection.

• The new Vintyri toolbar system, introduced with Bogie's Mapping Objects, has been added and extended in Version 2.

• The CC3+ catalogs for the CSUAC and the new toolbars have been reorganized to apply better to the way that CC3+ works rather than according to the Dundinni menu design.

• The catalogs and toolbars now separate fantasy RPG symbols from those intended for modern and science fiction RPGs.

Mark Oliva
The Vintyri (TM) Project
http://www.vintyri.org
info@vintyri.org

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Great work Mark. It is difficult to thank you enough for all the hard work you do, both for the CC3 community, and the fantasy mapping community at large.
  • Mark I'm not seeing the 2.0 Guide for download on the link you gave and I'm not sure what to download as the files are giving me older zips of stuff i had downloaded a while back. Please help.
  • Click on the CC3+ download link, that takes you to another page. On that is the install guide link, click and download that. Read the install guide, it will show you what to do next.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    How will this interact with the Vintyri symbols?

(I ask because when I installed it, I lost the Vintyri icon in the custom toolbar. I figured this was a possibility but am not sure how to solve it.)
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: Jay_NOLAMark I'm not seeing the 2.0 Guide for download on the link you gave and I'm not sure what to download as the files are giving me older zips of stuff i had downloaded a while back. Please help.
    Jim P has given you the right answer.
    Posted By: kmunozHow will this interact with the Vintyri symbols?

(I ask because when I installed it, I lost the Vintyri icon in the custom toolbar. I figured this was a possibility but am not sure how to solve it.)
    Run VPToolbarFix.bat in the (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus folder. If that doesn't work, something else is wrong. In that case, contact me by E-Mail at info@vintyri.org.

Please note: It's night here, and I'm shutting down. But I'll pick up in the morning and answer open questions.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    Well I installed Bogie's right after which I believe restored everything. I'll have to check to see that all the symbols are available, but it looks right.
    edited August 2016
    If you installed the Bogie collection last, you might have toolbar problems. Until I have time to update the Bogie and Vintyri setups (next week sometime), the CSUAC 2 should be installed last.

Anyone who has installed in the wrong sequence will get the old CSUAC from the toolbar, not the new one. To fix that, download:

http://www.vintyri.org/downloads/fixsequence_vp.zip (28 KB)

Then:

1) Unzip this file into (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus

2) With the Windows File Explorer go into (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus and run the file VPToolbarFix.bat.

That will restore the overwritten elements of the CSUAC 2.

UPDATE:

The Bogie and Vintyri installations have been updated to allow installation in any order. To see if you have a current version, read this posting:

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6307&page=1#Item_1
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    If you try to install CSUAC 2 after the others, the installer says you have to uninstall Bogie's first.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    edited August 2016
    I ran the fixsequence files and ended up with... a weird hodgepodge.

I have all the original CSUAC 1 icons, and when I'm in standard CC3+ toolbars I have the "CSUAC 2 Modern and Scifi" button, plus Bogie: Dungeon Symbols, Redthorn Tavern and Vintyri Collection.

If I'm in DD3+ tooblars I have all the original CSUAC 1 icons, no CSUAC2 icons, a series of buttons from Artisan's Furnishings to Weapons, plus Bogie: Dungeon Symbols, Redthorn Tavern and Vintyri Collection.

If I'm in CD3+ toolbars I have CSUAC1, a couple of building catalogs (fewer than I had before), the Medieval Miscellaneous Objects Catalogs icon and the Full Vintyri Collection icon.

It's looking like I'm going to have to burn it all down and reinstall the whole shebang...again.
    edited August 2016
    Posted By: kmunozI have all the original CSUAC 1 icons, and when I'm in standard CC3+ toolbars I have the "CSUAC 2 Modern and Scifi" button
    Have you clicked any of what you believe to be CSUAC 1 icons? I ask that, because what you describe here is impossible. No one can convince me that CC3MenuConfig.exe (from ProFantasy, not from us) can go in and install only one symbol in an entire toolbar. That's exactly what it would have to do to leave all of the CSUAC 1 toolbar there and add the icon for CSUAC 2 Modern and SciFi (with an image of an airplane). If you actually click one of the fantasy group icons, you should see what you see below.

From your posting above, it sounds to me like everything is installed right and working fine.

If that's not the case ... if it isn't working fine ... you need to describe what's not working. But from what you wrote above, I have to assume that everything is in excellent shape.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    Posted By: Vintyri
    Posted By: kmunozI have all the original CSUAC 1 icons, and when I'm in standard CC3+ toolbars I have the "CSUAC 2 Modern and Scifi" button
    Have you clicked any of what you believe to be CSUAC 1 icons? I ask that, because what you describe here is impossible.
    Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. I even just now went to take a screen shot to show you, after confirming again that it was the old CSUAC 1 icons and options. But I keep my toolbar on the right side, which meant that opening a menu there would have obscured the other icons. So I went to switch the custom tool bar around so it was up top, like your screen shot...and now I have a very strange hodgepodge.

After some further fiddling, I'm noticing now that whenever I open CC3+, the icons are CSUAC1. But if I then move the toolbar, they switch to CSUAC2 and stay that way. But then if I close CC3+ and re-open it, they're back to version 1 again. And if I select one of the icons while it's CSUAC1 and then move the toolbar, those icons stay CSUAC1 while the rest switch to CSUAC2.

So I suspect that I'm running into a problem where I have a conflicting MNU file. Maybe a duplicate somewhere...? Which menu file should I be looking for?

Below are screenshots of the two states so you don't think I'm crazy.
    ss1.png 135.8K
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    Above image is fresh open CC3+. Below image is after moving the toolbar.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    edited August 2016
    Found it, I think. It's the FCW32.IMN file, which I thought I'd removed a long time ago.

P.S. I think I come off as a little crabby about all of this and I apologize. Weird non-reproduceable problems make me cranky.
    edited August 2016
    If the FCW32.imn file still was there, it's certain to make problems. But both of the screen shots above show the CSUAC 2 toolbar. There is no airplane icon in the CSUAC 1 toolbar.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    edited August 2016
    Right, but if you look more closely, the icons on the left side / top side are different. The CSUAC1 icons are:

Pig-man, pencil and hammer, boat, lizard head, white Magneto, tree, table, house.

The CSUAC2 icons are:

White blob, spider, horse, shield, cart, bush, chair, rooftop.

As you can see in the first image, the icons are the CSUAC1 icons. And they go to CSUAC1 symbols (I tested them). The second image has the CSUAC2 icons, and they go to the CSUAC2 symbols. The only commonality between the two images is that they both have the CSUAC2 airplane icon, then the Bogie's and Vintyri icons.

Look at the difference between your screenshot and my first screenshot. They show different CSUAC icons.
  • For the latest version, it is hard to track, what is the link to the installation guide please? Thank you for all the work you put into this. In addition, how do I add the overland set from the other group that you mentioned? I need a "for dummies" version - Lol!
    Right. But that's because the old FCW32.imn toolbar still was or is on your machine. You can't have both. The top screen shot shows the CSUAC 2 toolbar buttons overwritten by the old FCW32.imn toolbar. The airplane is only in the CSUAC 2 toolbar, but because you didn't remove FCW32.imn, it replaced the CSUAC 2 fantasy buttons in the CSUAC 2 toolbar with the old toolbar buttons and icons from Shessar, which predates the CSUAC 1 toolbar.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    Ok, yeah, I see we're on the same page. I thought you were saying that I had CSUAC2 icons on that first screenshot. It's all fixed now anyway!
    edited August 2016
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonFor the latest version, it is hard to track, what is the link to the installation guide please?
    I don't know how it could be any more clear. If you click the link in the first posting, the page shows you what's in the attachment below.
    In addition, how do I add the overland set from the other group that you mentioned?
    Sorry. I'm not sure what you mean by the overland set from the other group. Could you explain that?
    temp.png 175.2K
  • Thanks, that is what I needed to know, I did not know if it was using the same link since there were changes.

The other group is: Dundjinni ISO (Overland, Per 3?) Archives Now Available

The link takes me to the page, but I not sure how to install them, and what is what.

I have only installed the official updates from ProFantasy that are super easy.

Thanks,

Charles W. Robinson
  • Download the install pdf, they gives you the download link.
  • Thanks Jim,
    just got it downloaded. I think all the pain meds I'm on now for health issues was making me miss the link.
    Posted By: JimPClick on the CC3+ download link, that takes you to another page. On that is the install guide link, click and download that. Read the install guide, it will show you what to do next.
  • they gives should be that gives. You're welcome.
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonThe other group is: Dundjinni ISO (Overland, Per 3?) Archives Now Available
    First you have to open the link mentioned above.

The page tells you that you have to use WinRAR to unpack the files. If you don't have WinRAR, the page gives you a link where you can download a free, 40-day trial version of WinRAR.

In the middle of the page is a link with the text "Click here for isometric and hex map packs." Click that link with the left mouse key.

A dialog box will appear. Say that you want to save. Note the location at which you're saving. The file that you're saving is entitled "Campaign_Scale_&_Isometric.rar."

Unpack this file into a folder of your choice. The standard recommended location would be (Data Folders)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\User. The download is a collection of individual PNG symbol files. There are no CC3+ catalogs. You have to open the files manually in CC3+.
  • If you don't have Win RAR you can get 7-zip which is free and can unpack RAR files along with zip ones.

http://www.7-zip.org/
  • 11 days later
  • I've got kind of a weird one. I have never installed CSUAC before and just did so using the directions given in the manual linked to here. Everything seemed to go just fine with the installation except for the fact that at the end when the start up cc3 CSUAC button was checked it didn't load CC3+ so I opened it with my desktop icon. I added the toolbar but it just didn't work. I know the files are there because I saw them in the installation and I clicked on the VPtoolbarfix even though I have never installed anything other than this installation.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need to install something else?
    Posted By: kevbeck43Did I do something wrong? Do I need to install something else?
    I've read your posting twice now, but I'm still unclear what problem you're having. Can you describe it a bit more clearly?
  • Posted By: Vintyri
    Posted By: kevbeck43Did I do something wrong? Do I need to install something else?
    I've read your posting twice now, but I'm still unclear what problem you're having. Can you describe it a bit more clearly?
    Once CSUAC was installed I followed the instructions for adding the toolbar including restarting CC3+. It didn't work, that is the core problem.

The bottom line is I have the CSUAC files and I can access and use them in maps by navigating to them manually, I just don't have the toolbar. Is their something else I need to do to get the toolbar working? When I copied the city.mnu, dungeon.mnu and FC32.mnu out of the CC3+ data folder should I have actually cut them out? I assumed these toolbar files would be overwritten in the installation by CSUAC.

Sorry if I was unclear before. Hopefully this clears things up.