World Map (13th Age)

I've been experimenting with combining two or more maps using the Copy/ Paste feature and creating entire world maps. This is an attempt with two maps I did using the 13th Age style, which I then ran through a filter on Google. I added polar caps as well. Feedback welcome. Cheers!
ThomasHendrich

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited September 2016
    That looks amazing. Apparently, your experiment was quite successful! That style yields a nice, realistic feel to the map.

I especially like the snow/ice along the edges of Ortil (south) and Kor and Isrell (north).

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Very nice work! The style lends itself quite well to this large scale map.
  • 1 year later
  • I would love to use this for my 13th Age game. Any objection to me editing it for my game?
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    Lovely map. I´m returning from a long break, and coming back to mapping again. I decided to use this Annual style for a revision of my world map, but i just found that i didn´t like much the colour and themes of the mountains &hills of the Annual. But you Modric did it on an awesome way... how did you create such mountains and hills? I´m interested (currently thinking about using PS posteffects for changing them up)... thanks!
  • Love the map. A question about the ice caps though - shouldn't they be roughly a rectangular border on the top and bottom for an equirectangular projection - the way you have done it fits in more with the Hammer and Wagner and AE Hemisphere projections. I do love the mountains - an improvement on the Annual 13th Age style, where the ranges really are not that clear. What did you do here?
  • Nice work. I've been working on an entire world map too, and was running into some scale issues (how big should you make your mountains ? what about trees ? etc.) and seeing the result you got there has given me some answers / ideas. Thanks :)