Hyboria map

suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
Since there will be a plethora of Conan games coming out i thought i would get on the bandwagon and release my Hyboria map

here is a "small" version all done with CC3+

Rob

Comments

• suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    and a cut out of a bigger version , still got a few tweaks to do though
  • I like the broken isles off the coast on the bigger map, very nice. I'd probably add some coastal waters to make it a bit more realistic. On the cutout, the left hand side border with the mountains looks pretty repetitive, you may want to spruce it up a bit, like adding some different symbols or even adding a shadow layer to give it height/depth. Also, the lake shore edges don't look very convincing nor does the river end well. But, as you said, it is still a WIP.

Good start and can't wait to see the finished product :)
  • Great start!

You may want to change the category though from "Mapping with ProFantasy's Software" to "Show and Tell".

From what I have seen, that is where most of these are located.

There are a few challenges still:
    1. Spacing of symbols have created unnatural gaps
    2. Transition is not smooth between terrain types
    3. Bitmap Fill creates odd sections in the low mountain range
    4. Overlap into the sea by hills and river (or no connection for river)
    5. The artificial shadowing of the hills that do not match the forests and Mountain shades
    did a little more blending and rendering
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Looks great! As a fan of the original R. E. Howard stories, this is a welcome sight.

Out of curiosity, though, what made you say "Since there will be a plethora of Conan games coming out ..." ?

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    well there are 2 board games that were funded via kickstarter plus a new conan rpg due out next year i think

Rob