YAFM - Yet Another First Map. :)

This is pretty much amateur hour but it's the first map I've felt confident in since I got CC3+ a month ago or so. It's based on a hand drawn map for a D&D Expeditions adventure, Eye of the Tempest, showing the Road to the Monastery of the Yellow Rose.

My first attempt was with the Mike Schley Overland style which I love. It was pretty simplistic as I was learning the tools and I added the text in a rush 10 minutes before the game started! Here's that icky version:

Then the other day I picked up the Annual 2015 and that included the "Local Area" style which I fell in love with! So simple yet beautiful. So here's my redone map in that style:

I still need to work a lot on blending mountains and hills as well as contours and backgrounds. At the last moment before I had to leave work (yay for mapping at work!) I decided to add in the Contour 3 in the northern parts of the map. This forced me to figure out how to change the background since I'd started with that as the base. I'm still having a very hard time selecting just the items I need but I managed it. My proudest part of it I think is the village of Tomrav, how I used one symbol three times but by layering and positioning you can't really tell. :)

Comments