[CC3] - Custom Origin possible?

Greetings,

I would like to use CC3 with screenshots taken from a game and the ingame coordinate-system. However, this system does not match with the 0,0 origin used in CC3. Is there a way to change the numbers of the origin (ie from 0.0 to 40,50) to reflect the actual coordinates?

WP

Comments

• Oh, you wanted to know how as well? :)

Type "Origin" at the command prompt (without the quotes), press enter and then enter your new origin. You can type in a point, or click somewhere on the screen.
  • edited March 2008
    Posted By: DarrenHillOh, you wanted to know how as well? :)

Type "Origin" at the command prompt (without the quotes), press enter and then enter your new origin. You can type in a point, or click somewhere on the screen.
    Correct me - I am right now not able to test it. But this just moves the 0,0 origin to another point. I need to set a specific point numerical (ie Pixel 360,420 to coordinate 40,50)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This moves 0,0 to another point, yes, as specified by you.
    You can either type in the new point exactly on the command line, or you can click on it in the drawing.
    Moving origin to 320,370 should accomplish what you are asking, unless you need to change the scale as well.

In this case, you can either scale the imported screenshot, using one of CC3's scale commands (SCALE or SCALEXY for example), or you can change the drawing units (File -> Drawing Properties -> drawing units)

Btw. I edited your post to change it to html mode, otherwise your quoting of DarrenHill don't show up properly.
  • Posted By: MonsenMoving origin to 320,370 should accomplish what you are asking, unless you need to change the scale as well.
    No.. thats not what I meant either. In fact I need the possibility to setup my custom x,y-points completely by myself. Imagine an ingame map on which the coordinates 20,30 to 500, 600 exist - I need to calibrate the CC3 system to these numbers to place makers for locations which I read out of the game. So a point "0,0" doesnt exist.

Thanks for the edit.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Wouldn't it work to move the origin to -20,-30 in that case? If you do that, the lower left corner of your map would be at coordinates 20,30 and 0,0 will be somewhere off the map, a point you don't need to worry about. I assume you are after a regular coordinate system, where the distance between each value is identical.
    Unless that works for you though, I am unsure if CC3 can do what you are asking.
  • edited March 2008
    Posted By: MonsenWouldn't it work to move the origin to -20,-30 in that case? If you do that, the lower left corner of your map would be at coordinates 20,30 and 0,0 will be somewhere off the map, a point you don't need to worry about. I assume you are after a regular coordinate system, where the distance between each value is identical.
    Unless that works for you though, I am unsure if CC3 can do what you are asking.
    Great suggestion, Monsen! Didnt thought about that and wasnt aware of this possibility. This could really be the answer, altough it will take some calculations. But at least a way. Thanks a very lot.