Tiles for a board game

Just wanted to show off the tiles that I made to go with my student's game this semester. They print out at 6" squares, so they look better printed than at full computer screen resolution. Created with Cosmographer 3.

Dropbox with source and png files

Google photo album

And for those that don't want to follow links I've attached the Core Room.

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    That's cool. Do the instruments and such do anything, or have any affect on board pieces, in the game? Or are they mostly just decoration for the board? Is the thicker black line around the edge a wall? That is, can players move across the thicker black line or do they need a door/hatch, such as the ones on the right?

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Very nice! Any more info on how the game works?
  • edited December 2013
    All the students signed a CC3 Atribution Share Alike license, so after I get done dealing with grades and such I'll assemble a zip package with the rules and needed files. The general idea is that a critical science facility researching animal growth (good research, these people are not Umbrella despite what happens) suddenly stopped responding to communication, and so a strike team needs to go in, ideally find out what happened, and recover the data core from the facility. The tiles are placed randomly as the players explore. Most items are window-dressing, just there for looks.

Edit: CC3 = Creative Commons 3. Just realized that on this forum the term CC3 for a license can be confusing ;)