An April Annual Map

Here is a map I recently made using the April issue of the (always wonderful) Cartographer's Annual. So far I'm on track with my 'Challenge' - to create a map per month using the style or tools from each issue :)

You can find a higher resolution and some more info here:

Comments

• You sure make this new style look very appealing. Good work!
    Nice website too, just borrowed the fey spiders!
  • Good job man!. My only suggestion was to put a little more colour on the terrain. Is too much brown for my taste.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited May 2013
    Nice map! And, it looks ripe for adventuring, too. I also like some of the names on the map.

If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to occasionally group (overlap) some hills into twos and threes. At first glance, some of the hills seem like clouds around the mountains, especially down the center chain. Taking a second look, I see the mountains don't really overlap either, though they seem to work better to me than the hills do. Another option might be to use fewer hill symbols and then stagger ones you use that way just a touch.

But, since your map is loads better than anything I've ever done, please consider the source. image

Bravo on a real handsome map. And congrats on maintaining your challenge goal. That's a neat idea!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    Good map! Another sugestion: try to put some background terrain below the hills. As they are, they look like they were floating over the terrain. And same with mountains. The faded terrain doesn´t look enough.
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    Nice map.
    Needs a bit more tweaking to ake it even better.