The Library

A place of knowledge.
For thoose that wish to study.

The room in the middle holds the scrolls about magic.
According to rumours a few magical books are hidden inside.

Comments

• This is a very useful roleplay map. My players are often hitting the library to research one thing or another.

Great job!!
  • Ralf,

Of course you may.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Henrie61, do you have a legend for the map? I'm humbled by the detail you put into this and I'm curious to know what each of the rooms is for, and to know what you envision that space behind the stacks on the left side of the map is for. It looks like a secret passage or maybe a secret section of books.

Absolutely wonderful map.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    edited August 2012
    Dogtag, this is how I picture the library.

1 Reception area with a few comfortable chairs in case you have to wait for a bit.
    2 This is where the librarians will check in everyone who wishes to visit the library.
    3 A large table to study the scrolls and books you found.
    4 A secret area with a hatch to go down into a small hidden room. Wait you say. You see no hatch? Well, that what invisibility spells are for.
    5 The storage area. With a secret entrance to area 4.
    6 The warded room in the middle where the rare/dangerous books and scrolls are kept.
    7 Three rooms for people that wish to visit the library for a bit longer. Rents are reasonable and food and drink is included.
    8 A guest room for visiting librarians.
    9 Private room for the head of the library. A gentle old man. But don't you damage a book or scroll.
    10 Rooms for the "junior" librarians. Thoose who run the day to day business.
    11 A dining/studying area (never at the same time). Lots of reading makes hungry for more then knowledge.
    12 The bedroom for the cook and his wife. She is also the one who make sure library doens't get to dusty. Men!
    13 The kitchen.
  • I just ran a library adventure in 3.5 last week, and spent some time looking for decent library maps before running it. I didn't find this one until today: it's awesome, and I would definitely have used it.

Lovely.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Posted By: Henrie61
    4 A secret area with a hatch to go down into a small hidden room. Wait you say. You see no hatch? Well, that what invisibility spells are for.
    LOL! Thank you. This is such a terrific map.

~Dogtag