Map of Paizo's Golarion w/ J. Roberts annual style (WIP)

I have no idea when this will be finished as it's a huge world (~9600x15700miles in CC3), but here's a preview of my take on Paizo's Golarion.
I have used their publicly available maps as guides for coastlines and placement of rivers etc as I use it in game and thus want the locations and distances to match.
The lower part of the map contains slight spoilers for the Kingmaker Adventure Path.

See attached or through the link.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/stolenlandsjrobertsstyl.jpg/

edit: noticed one of the labels is on the wrong layer/sheet.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Wow, you've certainly got your work cut out for you. Nice!

I'd probably reduce the width of the dark blue coastline on this map. It's a bit overwhelming.
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks! :)

It's 15 units/miles wide now, which is a tad much I agree, I just wanted the land to have strong outline while showing the whole thing. It does create some complications on the more detailed coastlines though.

edit: The J. Roberts style scales the coastline according to the map size I realized which is why it turned so big originally.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited June 2011
    You always reduce the blue line the closer in/detailed you make the map. And leave it thick on the large map.

edit:

I meant to type: You could reduce the blue line the closer in/detailed you make the map. And leave it thick on the large map.

Sorry.
  • 23 days later
  • Here's an updated view without campaign specific details.
  • Wow that is awesome those symbols combined with that lovely faded look is great. What settings are you using in sheets to graduate that so smoothly. I'm still new to the settings on sheets, for the graphic effects does anyone know of any tutorials on these?

thanks

Ab
  • Thanks Arbanax. :)

I think I'm using the standard values that are set in the J. Roberts overland annual (#51).
    IIRC the hills have an inner edge fade, and the forest an inner edge fade and a glow.

The borders are based on a tutorial lying around these forums I believe (sorry I don't have the link, but it shouldn't be too hard to find).

If you just experiment with those I'm sure you'll find a setting you like!
  • 11 months later
  • How's this project going? Looks like its been abandoned. :-(

Wondering if the output here could be used to make a more detailed version of: http://www.mapsofgolarion.com/
  • Hi harmor,

It's been put on hold for a while.
    However if anyone else wants to continue I'd be happy to share the CC3 file. Just need to remove campaign specific things first, as I mainly used this for my private groups.
  • 7 days later
  • Wow, that is exactly the map I've been looking for, as I'm getting ready to run Kingmaker for some friends. You have no idea how much time a copy of the CC3 file would save me, what with my limited skill set and all.
  • I'm partway through the second Kingmaker book with my group and would also love this CC file. It looks great...

Cheers
    Mark
  • Hi,
    I just moved to a "new" apartment so I don't have internet up and running yet. Will upload when I get it fixed.
  • 8 days later
  • edited June 2012
    Here's the WIP CC3 Golarion map with the J. Roberts annual style if anyone wants to play around with it.

It's based on Paizo's various world maps, including the map from the Inner Sea Poster Map Folio PDF, the "Stolen Map" from the Paizo blog, the Community Use map pack Inner Sea map (for country borders) and the various local maps found in the Kingmaker Adventure Path and Guide to the Inner Sea (this one is not very accurate). Of course I cannot supply these, so you must insert them yourself if you want to use them as guides. Regrettably not all of their maps are equal in scale and distances, thus it's a bit hard to fully align with the underlying maps.

There is one layer from my own campaign remaining, but I couldn't find the item located on it, thus the layer is still there...

This MAP uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This MAP is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
  • Thanks for doing the work and putting the map up. It looks great. Now I'll I have to do is just by the annual so I can really use it! Thanks again.
  • 3 years later
  • Which CC3 Annual do I need to use your map?
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    edited January 2016
    Interestingly enough we are currently playing through the second adventure in the series. Below is the map I created to track the hexes that we have explored, the ones that have been claimed, and proposed plans for expansion. The map will contain spoilers for those that are currently playing. I will see if I can make it appear within a spoiler tag.

Map with spoilers

greenbelt_map1.png

Orange Hexes - Explored

Double Hexes - Claimed

Red Lines - Boundary of our charter

Obviously spoiler tags don't seem to work with these forums.
  • Please, I am struggling to identify the J. Roberts annual on the CC website, which one is it?

Thanks