Corkboard (CA 2013)

edited May 2023 in Show and Tell

Here's a corkboard I've made to keep track of my players' notes in a game of Call of Cthulhu.

I used the Cartographer's Annual 2013 material.

I'm impressed by the sheer variety of possibilities with CC3!

Monsenroflo1LoopysueRicko HaschemacdannyRalfDakJimPMaidhc O CasainScottAand 6 others.

Comments

• 1 month later
  • FrostyFrosty Surveyor

I saw someone use a Cork board like this in a Roll20 CoC Scenario. They stuck a city map pn it ..somehow had the pins as separate tokens so they could stick pin in where they were going in the city for example. They also stuck graphics which where the handouts into the GM section of the corkboard and would reveal as they found them. So it became more or less an interactive thing instead of a static murder board type of view.

Kit Flemons
  • 15 days later
  • thehawkthehawk Surveyor
    That sort of thing would add a whole new layer (or sheet, take your pick) of coolness for me. A long, long time ago I used to spend a ridiculous amount of time and effort blowing up maps out of books, touching them up, and blowing them up again, repeating the process until I had something big enough to be useful. Rolls of cork were pretty inexpensive and I lived on a farm, so we always had scrap wood good enough to make the frames. Thumb tacks to hold the map down, index cards, yarn, and push pins to mark paths and notes. Eddings, Brooks, Tolkein, and just getting into Wheel of Time when I went overseas and put them in my parent's basement, where they didn't survive the flooding.

Available maps are so much better now, and printing them so much easier. Keep thinking maybe it's time for a new project..
    MapjunkieJimProflo1Kit Flemons