Hedge Tool

Looking to make a classic hedge maze; are there any tools out there that are similar to a wall tool, but lay out hedges instead? I started in Isometric - but willing to start over.

Comments

• Darklands City from 2021 has this.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Yes, those work, but they are a bit on the small side, being City scale rather than dungeon scale.

I did make a set of connecting hedge symbols some time ago now that were dungeon scale, but I can't remember if they have allready been made available or not. I will check.

I've located the original work files for this set of hedges from about 3-4 years ago. Unfortunately the symbols themselves need to be regenerated and the source files look a bit of a mess. But is this the sort of thing you were looking for? If it is then I can do a free symbol pack here on the forum, but it may have to wait for more pressing projects to be completed first. That might be several weeks.

JulianDracosScottAJimPGlitch
  • There is a trick I found to make the hedges bigger.

1. Open up the vegetation file and load the individual symbols for the hedges
    2. Click to place a hedge.
    3. Scale the hedge to the size you want it
    4. Place a couple of hedges
    5. Load the CA180 Field Boundaries.
    6. Click to the hedge like normal and place

Doing this for some reason adjusts the size for the tool allowing for larger hedges. I am sure there is some easier way, but I found that works.

Be aware if you do that, that those symbols are city scale, which means they will pixelate if you scale them up too far. City symbols are less than half the resolution of dungeon symbols.

JulianDracos
  • GlitchGlitch Surveyor

Loopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer March 17 Flag

I've located the original work files for this set of hedges from about 3-4 years ago. Unfortunately the symbols themselves need to be regenerated and the source files look a bit of a mess. But is this the sort of thing you were looking for? If it is then I can do a free symbol pack here on the forum, but it may have to wait for more pressing projects to be completed first. That might be several weeks.

Yes! Thanks! That would be great! I try to work a couple of months ahead of the where the players are ---so a wait for something that would take me where I need to go. Maybe an add to creepy crypts?

edited March 2023

I can't say if they would work with any style in particular since they were created a couple of years before I started making any dungeon scale annuals, but the maze map was done using a DD3 template with DD3 fills and assets.

I'm looking at a couple of weeks before I can really sort this out, but its on the 'To Do' list.

I should warn you that where I wasn't really aiming to make them perfect at the time the quality isn't perfect. They do look a bit false close up. This was before I got really high tech with vegetation - pre Blender trees. But if all you want is a quick maze they might do. I got a few of the set working to get a better screen shot. The rest is still red crosses at the moment.

Imperial only as well.

Glitchroflo1JimP
  • GlitchGlitch Surveyor

That would be perfect! Thanks, you're the BEST!!!!!

Loopysue

Thank you!

And you're welcome :)

JimP