Running from external HD

I have minimal computer literacy - give me an icon to click, and I'm happy.

Since my PC has only two 120gb drives my husband had it set up so that CC was on the main computer, extra data/annuals and maps made were on a 1TB external drive.

Unfortunately the external HDD has done what they do and has, uh, 'stopped working'. I suppose not using it for two years may possibly have had something to do with it.

I've read the forums but need an idiots guide to how to do this setup again. Normally I'd poke him to do it, but since he died he's a bit hard to hear :P

Installing CC itself is easy on the PC, but where to I find the associated data that I can whisk to the HDD and do I need to tell CC where to look?

I realise previous answers here are probably obvious to everyone else, but ... HELP?

Best Answer

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

When you install CC3+, one of the install wizard screens should be the path. This is the path to the data directory where all the large content is stored. This is the preferred method of setting the path.

If you have already installed it and don't want to reinstall, you can also manually edit the @.ini file that you find in c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\. That path in here is the current path to the data directory. Simply move that entire directory (The directory listed inside the @.ini file, not the directory you found it) to your external HDD, and update @.ini with the new path.

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

When you install CC3+, one of the install wizard screens should be the path. This is the path to the data directory where all the large content is stored. This is the preferred method of setting the path.

If you have already installed it and don't want to reinstall, you can also manually edit the @.ini file that you find in c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\. That path in here is the current path to the data directory. Simply move that entire directory (The directory listed inside the @.ini file, not the directory you found it) to your external HDD, and update @.ini with the new path.