Marine Dungeon 2

Last year I bought Marine Dungeon 2 then later I bought the annual with Marine Dungeon. I installed both but MD 2 isn't listed in Symbols or anywhere else I've looked. I've got the .exe for MD2 but when I install from *that file* I don't get it as a separate entity.

I don't know what to do

Best Answer

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

Julian is right about the 2 part annuals. It's not actually possible to do all the work in one issue due to the time limitation. Even though the style is done in two halves it doesn't make sense to generate 2 separate folder systems and two separate templates when its all the one style.

I don't recall the two parts of MD ever being sold separately. If an annual is done in 2 parts those two parts must be part of the same annual. It wouldn't be fair to expect someone to buy 2 annuals just because they happen to like that one style.

JimP

Answers

edited January 2023

Marine Dungeon part 1 and 2 are both in the same Cartographer's Annual. The symbols and fills share the same folders, and you will only have one template.

• I see, but why was MD2 not just merged instead of appearing to be a separate entity?

• Lots of work, so it came out in two parts.

• Sometimes it is common for things to be broken up due to the amount of work.

I would also like to point out that @Loopysue seems to have become the primary person making new styles for annuals. In the 2021 version, she did 5 of them plus the bonus. I think the same applies to the 2022 annual as well. This is up from the 2-3 done in the previous years. Further, unlike many of the older styles, she tries to add as many symbols and options as possible to the style making them more complete, in my opinion. Doing all that takes a lot of time. So sometimes it just makes more sense to break up one style into two different months for a complete set rather than having her move on and do a new style. I like a lot of new styles, but after trying to make maps and not finding the right symbols, I have come to appreciate when a style is broken into two so as to ensure a more complete and versatile mapping style than two different ones where I am missing symbols or options I want.

JimP
    Accepted Answer

Julian is right about the 2 part annuals. It's not actually possible to do all the work in one issue due to the time limitation. Even though the style is done in two halves it doesn't make sense to generate 2 separate folder systems and two separate templates when its all the one style.

I don't recall the two parts of MD ever being sold separately. If an annual is done in 2 parts those two parts must be part of the same annual. It wouldn't be fair to expect someone to buy 2 annuals just because they happen to like that one style.

JimP
  • The only buying MD 2 I didn't catch. I was assuming it was from a bundle. In that case, it should have MD1 as well. If this is the only reason you bought the annual, you might want to ask for a refund or switch to a different annual.

JimP

I checked with Ralf about this. We haven't ever sold them separately. There are hundreds of annuals. Maybe there was some confusion?