Why does my map have a blue line?

When making a map I am getting these blue lines. They are always in the same spot. It seems to depend on how far zoomed out I am. So far, this has not affected exports.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

Can you post the source FCW of the map, so I can take a look at it? At first glance it looks like the landmasses have a LOT of nodes and if the coastline is a separate wide line the number of nodes may be interfering with the display.

• The coastline is separate. They all have over 950 nodes but not all of the continents end up with the blue line.

• Looks very much like a too-many-nodes problem on the coastlines. You find exactly the same thing with fractal river lines sometimes. For a map of this scale level, it might make sense to make the landmass outlines from smooth or straight polygons. If you add enough nodes as you're drawing the edges on a straight poly, there won't be any obvious difference to either smooth or fractal when viewed like this, but because you're adding them by hand, there'll be a lot fewer nodes than using the fractal command, so you shouldn't get this kind of problem.

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

Joe Slayton tells me that it is a problem with the rendering of a bitmap-filled line, when it gets so zoomed out that the line gets very thin in display (that's why it's zoom dependent and doesn't show up on export).

You can just ignore it during work if you like, or change the fill-style to solid and an appropriate color like in the attached vers

ion.

JimP
  • Interesting. I thought it was a color being used and not a bitmap fill. I will likely just ignore it. Thanks.