WIP Lighted Dungeon

edited July 2022 in Show and Tell

I've been playing and failing at making ligthed dungeons for quite some time. The secret is to not have a Directional Wall Shadow effect on the walls of your rooms that you apply the Wall Shadow, Point Light Setup and Final effects to. Must admit, I did not see anything specific about that in the Tome but I resorted to shutting effects off one at a time and.... BINGO...

Still needs quite a bit of work but I can FINALLY make a lighted dungeon....

LoopysueFersusJulianDracosJimPEukalyptusNow

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

I hadn't considered that the Point Light effects would be on sheets with other effects way back when they were being developed.

Way back in the earliest days of effects, some of them had slightly different opinions about how they were supposed to interact with the rest of the system and those effects just haven't been revisited since then. Wall Shadow, Directional is an example of a filter that doesn't quite behave correctly (most effects won't work on its results).

JimPEdE
  • edited July 2022

JSLayton, thanks for the perspective. I'm learning the hard way. I do read the Tome and work with the example maps but sometimes, like this, I'm trying to apply lighhting Effects to a map with other Effects I applied previously and the Effect interactions can be challenging. In this case I am the sufficiently ingenious idiot.... It's part of learning how to use CC3+/DD3+/CD3+ .

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

If you come across any peculiar interactions or just things that don't make sense, please feel free to post questions or observations. At worst, we may all learn something and at best, something broken may get fixed!

EdEJimP