Asian Town Housing Keeps Crashing

I am trying to use the housing function to make some walls per the instructions. It turns out there is a size limit of some sort. Once I get over 100 units in length, it crashes. I have tried multiple shapes, and the issue keeps happening. I got it to work once with about 200, but then it crashed right after rendering. Usually it just immediately crashes.

I have rebooted a couple of times. I have also tried to use alternative shapes, but pretty much when things start to get above 100 it crashes.

Edit: This only occurs when trying to make it more than 100 in length. It seems I can make it more than 100 in height.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited June 2022

Yes, you're right. I've just crashed it myself.

Please can you contact Tech Support about this problem through your account page?

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

Which command and template/settings are causing this?

edited June 2022

Asian Town

If you try to use the House tool to draw a long thin building it crashes every time.

Here is an FCW showing at what point the crash happens. (I saved after each successively longer building and attached the file once it crashed).

The limit seems to be somewhere around 120 feet long.

The reason such very long buildings are quite likely to be drawn is that the Mapping Guide indicates using them to draw the city walls. I noticed that the example map for that style has a building that is 175 feet long. I was trying to separate it out from the rest of the wall to take a screen shot of it with a result of the Distance tool to show you, when moving it caused a crash. Maybe it is something that has happened since the publication of Asian Town in November 2018?

[Deleted User]JimP
  • I can say that zooming in to look at one of these longer walls causes it to crash. I have gotten it to make a longer wall occasionally, but when I zoom in, it crashes. I went to the sample map and just tried to zoom in on the long section of the wall, and it crashes. So my guess is that this has something to do with CC3+ rendering the image.

Loopysue

Yes, zooming is a bit of a problem.

• Oh, if you divide it up into small sections, then zooming is not an issue. That is what I have done. It is not ideal and things probably don't line up exactly how it should be, but I made 100 unit long sections and then matched them up. From there, I just copied and placed next to each other. That has no issue and I can zoom in as much as I can with any other style.

JimPLoopysue
  • Evidently the problem is with the house command. This won't be fixed until the next CC3+ update.