change size of map

After I have made a map, can I change the dimensions? If so how. Basically I created a basic sandbox style map, and I now I need to make it larger. Another alternative would be to copy the smaller map and insert into a larger one. Any advice tips on this?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You can use the Resize Drawing Area option in the File menu to adjust the size.

When the dialog opens it will show you the current size of the map in map units. Edit those numbers to change the size of the map. The existing drawing will remain as it was in the bottom left corner of the new drawing area, but it's easy enough to move it if you wanted more space all around.

goffchile
  • thanks--so how do I move the whole thing? obviously it is map with a lot of parts--I want to group it somehow?

• I think I figured it out--thank you--moving a whole map is pretty glitchy but I think I got it!

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited June 2022

Just hide the SCREEN, BACKGROUND, MAP BORDER (sometimes called a similar name), and FRAME sheets, and grab the whole lot in one selection box.

If there is a lot of stuff being moved it is quite normal for the screen to slowly flash as it continually refreshes the moving parts no matter how many moving parts there are. It won't crash, though, unless you get impatient and start clicking things to try and hurry it. The larger the map to be moved the more stately the speed you can do it at.

goffchileGlitch
  • And if the 0,0 location seems off, type origin

in the text box at the bottom, click on the map where you want the new origin.

Note that according to the help menu, Undo wont change it back.