FT3+ "Next/Previous World" memory leak

Hello!

I've been having a memory leak issue with FT3+. Basically when using "Next world" or "Previous world", it seems like something is not unloaded from memory as it should, and it just starts to add up in 120-150MB increments. After a while, FT3+ will eat up all available memory and crashes will start happening.

I noticed that this doesn't happen if I open FT3+ and start going through worlds immediately, but if I so much as open the World Settings dialog, then the issue starts. I don't even need to change any settings, just opening World Settings is enough to cause the memory leak.

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

Thanks for reporting this.

Opening World Settings will allocate a spare surface and then not release it until the program is done (this is by design). The Prescale Offset setting in World Settings is what's triggering the leak. The internal data structure that holds everything for a world isn't properly releasing the prescale offset part of the data, which is the source of the leak. It will be fixed in the next update.

If you want to search through many, many worlds you can turn off prescale editing, find a world that you like, and then turn prescale editing back on. Not a great workaround, but it will work until the next update.