Infinity RPG: A shuttle and its computer systems

RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

Here are a couple maps I did for our Infinity RPG session: a suborbital shuttle, and it's computer systems, since hacking featured heavily in the scenario. All done in Cosmographer 3, but with a heavily modified template for the quantronic map of course.

[Deleted User]AleDJimPLoopysueWyvernroflo1DaltonSpenceGlitchLizzy_MaracujaLautiand 2 others.

Comments

• I really don't understand why a suborbital shuttle would have such a large lounge and so few passenger seats. "Suborbital" means it cannot achieve orbit so it is really just a high altitude aircraft with a flight time measured in minutes not hours. Even an orbital shuttle wouldn't need much more unless it was servicing a ship or station in a distant orbit. An interplanetary shuttle might have such a lounge but should also have sleeping quarters. I suppose the cargo is stowed below the main deck. The design is very pretty but doesn't make a lot of sense unless it is the personal shuttle of a very rich individual.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited April 2022

It is a diplomatic vessel, intended to shuttle important guests and visiting diplomats around the planet. With the option to conduct talks onboard the shuttle in a comfortable (i.e. luxurious) environment. :D

LoopysueLizzy_MaracujaDaltonSpenceWyvern
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

A bit like a super-luxury jet, then?

• DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited April 2022
    I think we may need a little more backstory here to appreciate the design. I still have some questions.
    1. Suborbital rather than orbital? The lack of airlocks could indicate the former but the "O-12" designation seems to imply the latter. (I assume the fuel tanks are below the main deck.)
    2. Why do the auxiliary consoles in the rear of the cockpit have no seats? What are they for and who operates them?
    3. Where do the passengers sit during takeoffs and landings? The seats in the section between the cockpit and the lounge seem significantly smaller than all the others but at least they are forward facing. (You could sacrifice half the lounge for better seating and still have the conference table available for diplomatic talks.)
    4. Two washrooms? One should suffice for a diplomatic shuttle with a small number of passengers with the other cabin serving as a galley for food and drink preparation.
    Sorry if I seem critical but I have this thing about the efficient use of space aboard air/space craft. I looked at the floorplan for Air Force One to get an idea what a diplomatic aircraft might need.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

Sorry, that's way too much deliberation for me in a quick gaming map! ;)

JimP