[WIP] Rangers Outpost/Winterhaven

Hi folks!

I finally had some time to make a new map, and I decided to use a map of Winterhaven floating around on the Net as source for a Rangers Outpost. It took me about 12 hours to compile these maps. I'm pretty satisfied with the results, except for the 2nd floor. I didn't find a good way to make the roofs and the wooden walkway, so I ended up using rescaled tables as the wooden roof shingles 🙈

Any feedback is appreciated!

First floor entry area:

2nd floor entry area:

1st floor inner area:

[Deleted User]LoopysueCalibreJimPLillhansGlitchEdE

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Looks good, Fersus :)

If you want to improve the appearance of the wheel ruts try converting them to smooth from straight.

• that's a good point! thanks Sue! Is there a command to do that, or do I have to redraw it with a smooth poly?

Any Idea how I can convert the stone walls to wooden palisades? I figured that wood fit a rangers outpost better...

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

If you right click the Fractalise tool you can pick "Straight to smooth" from the menu. That should do the trick for you.

If you hide all the sheets except the one with the wall part that you want to change, you can use Change Properties to swap the stone fill for a wooden one. There are usually a couple of plank fills in most dungeon styles, but if you can't find one you could add a fill from another style.

• The only really helpful roof tile textures are in City Designer, rather than Dungeon Designer, as far as I recall, and while they may not scale up sufficiently clearly, it's usually worth an experiment just in case. But yes, it is amazing what you can do with suitably rescaled tables sometimes too!