Western Baja California

Use Pär Lindström annual 2017 style and google maps to trace to fit a map to a friend history, on his own town La Paz.

Cheers

P.s.: @Loopysue im experiecing some problems to import the parchements.

i go tools> Import bit map fill stile> bitmap> tiles> parchments>132A> select my parchment> (turn on and scale Width and Height with my map size) OK

then appear me "6 fills imported into the current drawing". Visually nothing changes and i cant find it on layers.

thanks for Help

LoopysueMonsen[Deleted User]DakCalibreLillhansWeathermanSwedenKenMWyvernLautiand 2 others.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Those are beautiful Ricko, and don't really need any further embelishment like a parchment, but for future reference...

The fills you have just imported can be accessed in the Fill Style Properties dialog when you click the Fill Style window in the top bar.

I don't have the parchments loaded in this map because I don't need them, but you can see where they would be from this screen shot.

Once you have the dialog open make sure you are on the Bitmap Files tab, and click the Fill Style Name dropdown box to find the parchment you want. Having selected the fill so that it is the active fill, you can then use the tools on the right hand toolbar to draw new polygons with the active fill. Remember to chose the right sheet.

I hope that helps.

Ricko Hasche
  • thanks so much Sue, it work. i can change for any parchment on my folder.

Last question about this if you dont mind, i tested many (from your folder 132A) and all of them appear on my screen as flat as paper sheet (i use box tool to draw them), to make the roll visual on borders... do i need something more that im missing os is a specific type of file that i dont have?

Cheers

Do you mean the parchment scrolls?

The instructions on how to use them are included in the pdf Mapping Guide in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Annual\Issue 132A - Sue's Parchments

I would only be repeating the Mapping Guide if I wrote a set of instructions for you right here, but if you have any problems just shout :)

• edited September 2021

i have it.

i follow C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Annual\Issue 132A - Sue's Parchments

select Scroll Sheet

went to Fs section you show me. select bitmap there (proved with many of your scrolls)

Then use Box draw tool on the right side and make a retangle to cover map area. then i sucesifully cover with new parchment selected.

i just cant get (tryed with many parchments) the "roll" effect on photo. i only can reach the "Flat Parchment".

this i make the question on last post, if need some tool or another file to get it?

JimP

Ah, no...

If you read the first page or two of the pdf you will see that the scrolls are imported a different way to the seamless parchment textures - as files in their own right.

You need to hide the sheets listed in the pdf instructions to get rid of things that aren't needed with a scroll background (like the frame and screen for a start), create a new sheet for the parchment to go on, and then use Insert File from the Draw menu to insert and size the scroll as an image file, not a texture fill.

It's all here...

• get it. thanks!

last thing how i delete white boder? (map border sheet is in hide)

after i load the parchment, the option "When prompted, choose to “store the file’s path relative to CC3” does not appear to me, or i cant find where it is.

im sorry for all, im very bad at computers.

thanks so much

edited September 2021

The white screen can be hidden by hiding the SCREEN sheet, in the Sheets and Effects dialog.

You can show or hide any of the map parts by showing or hiding the sheet those parts are on. If you aren't sure what sheet something is on you can find out using List in the Info menu.

If you want to align the map with the scroll a bit better once you get rid of the screen, I would move the scroll rather than the map. You can do that using the Move tool

Ricko Hasche