Small regional map in HW style

Here is a small regional/ Village map in the HW style. Sycamore
Edit updated effects

Comments

• MonsenMonsen 🖼️ 44 images Mapmaker Administrator
    Cool. That looks really nice.
  • I like it! It looks really good. It's almost like a small community, really nicely done!
  • LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 23 images Mapmaker ProFantasy
    Looks even better than the version you uploaded over at the FB Group page. You changed the roads.

Beautiful map, Ken :D
  • KenGKenG Traveler
    Thanks,
    I really fought with those roads but I like how they turned out.
  • edited April 2019
    Just great - love the use of HW farmlands to create individual farm plots. Consider that idea stolen.
    The roads are terrific - what did you do to get them like this?
  • KenGKenG Traveler
    edited April 2019
    With that background the roads caused me all sorts of grief, but what I ended up with was an easy solution.
    I drew the roads on their own sheet with a slight blend. Then I copied the roads to a new sheet under the road. I doubled the width of the road and changed the fill to the HW tree fill, and added a slight blend and edge fade.
    Blend is just an awesome effect.
    Check out joachim tutorial:
    http://jdr68.jimdo.com/
  • ScottAScottA Traveler
    I love this little map. I'm with Quenten -- stealing this idea of using the HW farmlands larger to make farm plots. Brilliant!
  • 8 days later
  • KenGKenG Traveler
    Thanks Scott
  • This is a great regional map! I'll second what others have said, i really like the farmlands
  • 8 days later
  • Great mapping!
    Is't possible to get the fcw. files to learn from you?
  • Love it. More than good enough to frame and hang on my wall.
  • 22 days later
  • This should be a counted crosstitch pattern. Lovely.
  • 1 month later
  • The HW style always evokes a sense of horror in me for some reason. This is a wonderfully intimate map, with good detail, and I can't help think there must be something sickening going on in Sycamore!

DMG
  • A bit of flavor text for you.

The little houses sitting next to the wood, you can barely hear the screms from back behind the trees.