Byrewell Estate Ground Level

Another Map for my current campaign. My first floorplan. This is the estate house of a local Count who worships Talona, Goddess of Diseases. I've got a day and night version...not sure which i'll print up yet. It's a 36x24 print. Still working on the dungeons for the Age of Solitude Ruins. Thoughts? The grounds are "dying" so i wanted the trees blackened.

Comments

• I've not tried floorplans yet, but, wow. Those are really nicely done.
  • RalfRalf 🖼️ 16 images Mapmaker Administrator, ProFantasy
    Excellent stuff. The pool in the backyard is especially gorgeous.

On the day map, the rug in the upper right room (the study?) seems to cast an inappropriate shadow. I suspect it ended up on the SYMBOLS sheet instead of SYMBOLS FLAT.
  • DogtagDogtag Traveler Moderator, Betatester
    edited February 2016
    Posted By: RalfExcellent stuff. The pool in the backyard is especially gorgeous.
    +1   I agree. While the whole map is very nice, this caught my eye in particular.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing more!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • This is really nice.
  • Thanks all! I especially like this one and simply cannot wait to pick it up in poster size this Friday!!
  • 19 days later
  • is it possible to make floorplans like these without any of the annuals? I mean, can it be made with the basic cc3+/cd3/dd3 programs? I would love to give them a try, but haven't the foggiest on how to go about it! Is there a program I need that I don't have?
  • As I do have all the annuals and some other images I've picked up along the way, it seems like you would need them to do this....alas, you do not. However, it certainly won't look like mine above as I have many different images mixed in the above map, but im sure it can be awesome if you take your time. I have very little computer or cartography knowledge and it took several weeks/months of practice, trial and error to eventually come up a map i was happy with and willing to print out poster size for a campaign. If you have questions or tips I can provide, feel free to ask. Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you which, if any of the annuals I used, but the majority of this is made up in DD3 :)
  • I figured it might be! :) It looks like it might come out of there....

I am also making maps for a game campaign... I hope you will check some of them out! I would love to hear your ideas!
    Just look for the Larysia like :) In the mean time... I love what you have done here... I will definitely have to give this a try!
  • DogtagDogtag Traveler Moderator, Betatester
    DD3 makes beautiful floor plans, even without extra content from the annuals. But, yes, the annuals have added a lot of neat stuff to DD3 over the years.

~Dogtag