Welcome to the new server.

If you are seeing this message, it means you are now using the forum on the new server, and you can post as normal.

(If you haven't noticed yet, most banner messages like this one on the forum have an X in the upper right corner. Click it to permanently close this message after reading it. [You need to be logged in])

WIP Community Atlas Scalica on Doriant

Work in progress.
Critiques requested.
I used Annual Jon Roberts Map style.

My reservation for 900 miles by 1312 mile, is 3 time the size I originally calculated because I didn't show my work. I added another 200 miles of empty ocean to the west of the mainland for cartouches and legends. I plan on more versions, at least political, climate, elevation and historical and maps of smaller areas.

Comments

• This is looking great. I noticed that there are yellow numbers off of the right side of the map; did you intend for them to be there?
  • LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 26 images Cartographer ProFantasy
    A very nicely composed map, there, John, though I find the effects a little puzzling where you have chosen to switch off most of the Edge Fade, Inner sheet effects and then blur the desert. A blur makes everything fuzzy, while an edge fade inner blends the edges into the background without blurring anything.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on it :)
  • john crowleyjohn crowley Traveler
    edited July 2020
    Shessar - I deleted the latitude grid and redid it without labels - that got rid of the numbers outside the right edge.
    Loopysue - That just shows you how low I am on the learning curve. So I added inner edge fade. That gives me the same inner transparency and a smooth transition. That looks at least 100% better. I left the blur at minimum strength because it smudges the lines that define the top of the dunes.

Thanks for the help!