Looking for Symbols

With all the symbol catalogs available with CC3+ it is sometimes difficult to find a specific symbol that is needed. This discussion can be used by anyone to ask for help with this. For example I need a bell for my church tower.

The octagon room above is where I want to put it. If anyone has their own symbol requests this is where to post them.

Comments

• There's a lovely bell in Marine Dungeons (part of the Debris catalog, I believe). It's on it's side, though, but maybe it would work as a bell swinging as it's being rung? The only other bell I could find (other than alarm bells in more modern assets) was from Dundjinni Archives. But I don't have all of the annuals, so maybe others are aware of some that I don't have.

As for symbols I'd love to see in future annuals or symbol sets? Right now, individual steps for making custom staircases is the big one. There are some from Marine Dungeons and Creepy Crypts that are photorealistic and awesome, but individual steps of both stone and wood in a hand-drawn style like Mike Schley's would be welcome. I can always make them using the drawing tools and the appropriate fills, but I can't get the variation available with the individual steps from Marine Dungeons and Creepy Crypts. (Grand ballroom staircases would also be awesome, along with daises. A whole monthly "Up and Down" set sounds silly but super practical.)

And I'm constantly looking for Greco-Roman compatible symbols, like (city scale) temples and neoclassical domes with columns. And the one I'm really missing right now: couches, like the ones that Romans used for dining and lounging about.

• DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited April 16
    Thank you. I had to import the .PNGs from the "@ Symbols\Dundjinni Archives\BL12_Dressing\Bells" folder and the "BellLarge-FL" was just the right size. :)

Royal Scribe
  • Okay, my next request: an upright piano. Actually any musical instrument symbols would be great but the piano is a must have for a certain floorplan. (A church organ might be nice but a piano could be better for a poor country church.) Also this discussion is open for anybody's symbol requests so feel free to make your own.
    Royal Scribe
  • There is an upright piano in the CSUAC 2 if you have it at:

C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\CSUAC_2\BL4 Equipment\Tools Profession

• GlitchGlitch Surveyor

One thing that I've never been able to find is a ships wheel. We have some great ship annuals, but I cant find any representation of a ships wheel or a good image of a till anywhere.

• I am looking for spiral staircases that go both up and down — like one on the second floor that goes both up to the third floor and, the other way, down to the first.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited April 21

I did one of those in Creepy Crypts.

You should also be able to paste two spiral staircases slightly rotated for the same effect in styles that have a cut out section for the floor.

Royal Scribe
  • Thank you! I’m actually needing this for a Creepy Crypts dungeon so this is perfect. I hadn’t looked at this one closely enough to notice the landing step at about 5:00. I was using a mossy spiral stair from Forest Trails because that was what was already designed above, but I’ll swap and maybe add some moss patches.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You can thank Remy for it being there. He was the one who requested it when I was making Creepy Crypts.

Royal Scribe
  • Thanks, Remy! Always with the best ideas.

• @Shessar Are those wheels from CSUAC or free site, I would love to use them for an Atlas map.

Glitch
  • @Quenten No, sorry. They are from my personal collection but were originally listed as free to use and share so I was able to post them here.

• I have another one I’ve been looking for: flags, or banners, or pennants. Preferably varicolor. Like the flags that would fly on a flagpole, or on the top of a castle’s turrets.

• DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited April 27
    What view do you prefer; top down or perspective ? Current wind speed would determine how they would look.
  • Top down preferred, but I think perspective could work. Any sort of wind speed is fine.

• If you have the Dundjinni Archives there are a few in C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\Dundjinni Archives\BL12_Dressing\Flags

Also a couple from my personal collection. None are varicolor unfortunately.

Royal ScribeQuenten
  • Thank you! I do have Dundjinni Archives but I think I didn’t completely install it. I will check to see if I have those. Thank you for these.

• I can see SIGNAL flags being varicolor but if the flag design is supposed to be politically significant the colors involved will have specific meanings. For example, rival kingdoms whose royal families have a common ancestor might have flags with identical designs using different color schemes with each kingdom claiming a greater historical legitimacy.
  • Yeah, ideally my flags would have the blazons and heraldic devices of the royal or noble lord whose castle it was. That would require creating custom flags, which I am considering doing. But those wouldn’t be easily shareable, nor permitted in the Atlas if I chose to submit the map there. As a compromise, I thought simple flags of a single solid varicolor would allow me to at least show the primary color of the field for those royal houses.

• By the way, I found some flag symbols in the Dundjinni Archives (in a Flags subfolder within BL12_Dressing).

The red one already on a flagpole works because the background color of the main kingdom's flag is red. I tried to see if I could change the color using either the Colorize sheet effect or the RGB Matrix Process effect, but neither worked. The colored banners are what I was thinking about to differentiate between noble families, but I will need to create a flagpole using the drawing tools.

The black banner is great because it's already on a flagpole, and there's a flash of color in the middle that could be some sort of blazon, but indeterminate enough that it could be any sort of symbol. Since the colors are never supposed to touch each other, and instead touch a metal (gold or silver, usually shown as yellow or white), my ideal (if any future Annuals designers are listening) would be:

1. Like the black flag, but with a white background with smudge of color in the middle being varicolor.
    2. Like the black flag, but with a yellow background with smudge of color in the middle being varicolor.
    3. Like the black flag, but with a varicolor background with a smudge of white in the middle.
    4. Like the black flag, but with a varicolor background with a smudge of yellow in the middle.
    5. Various flagpoles with nothing on it, so that any flag or pennant could be attached.

But in any event, this tides me over for the meantime.