Trying to use texture and having difficulties

Hi, I've used CC3+ to make basic maps, and used the annuals quite a bit, but I haven't done much work with effects, and I'm trying to mimic what the Tome has it in re: the texture effect and can't figure out what I must be doing wrong, because I get no change.

I was trying to make a custom rug. I put down the white/blank rug symbol from SS3 "B" and drew a smooth polygon inside the black outline, and gave the polygon a color. I saw that the effect wanted to reference a document, so I looked up the effect in the tome and read through that. I remembered that I received a bunch of "old paper textures" with a font pack I'd purchased some time ago, so I copied one (a PNG file) that looked interesting into CC3+'s folders in the Tiles folder and pointed the effect to it.

When the map was redrawn there's no change. I fiddled with the settings, and nothing changes the solid colored poly. Is there something I'm missing? This usually happens when I've missed a step I didn't know I should take, or used some element that isn't eligible, or something.

JiPDhHF.png

Comments