CSUAC 2 Assets on brand new installation

Greetings,

I am new to Campaign Cartographer 3+. Following purchase and install of The Big 3 package, I then moved to install the Vintyri Collection (at https://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/cc3p_faq.htm) and followed the instructions (with all new downloads) for the 4 collections of assets.

I have been through Vintyri's isntructions for resolving "I've Installed One or More Vintyri Add-Ons. Instead of Some/All Symbols and Fills, I See Red Xs, Possibility [1-4]".

Unfortunately, I am still getting "Red Xs". An example follows.

If I click on the 'horse' icon in the CSUAC collection of icons, and then select 'camels', I get what I have snipped in the first image (i.e. 6 top-down images of camels, and then 2 red-x images for 'Camel01 ee', and 'Camel02 ee'. If I then click on the 'folder' entry at the top right of those two columns, I get the folder (CSUAC_2\BL3_Animals) you see in my second snipped image. If I double-click on the 'Camel' folder, I get what you see in the 3rd snipped image. [apparently I will have to add extra posts to get my 3 images uploaded.]

This is not the only instance of the dreaded Red X problem, but just a simple one to show.

Any guidance here?

Thanks,

- s.west

Comments

• I had the same problem at my last reinstall.

Volume 2 of the Dundjinni Archives has four additional downloadlinks in the installation guide on page 6. A great number of the Symbols, which add to the CSUAC 2 Symbols are within there .zip folders.
  • Well... yep! I missed those, entirely. I am downloading them now.

After I get these four zipfiles, and unpack them where they're s'posed to be unpacked, am I then going to have to start the entire installation from scratch? Or can the DJ Vol 2 setup be run independently?

Thanks, very much, for your help. I'm afraid that I made the assumption (erroneous, as I now see) that I had all the downloads that I needed. I completely failed to pay attention to the instructions for DJ Volume 2 on the Vintyri (tm) page, https://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/cc3p_addons.htm, which state:

"NOTE: The ZIP file above for Volume 2 is one of five files that must be downloaded. The total download size is 2.6 GB. After downloading the file vol2_setup.exe, unzip it into a temporary folder. It will contain both the setup file and the installation guide. Read the guide and the instructions for downloading the remaining files and for installing the complete package."

The downloading process was so slow that, by this time, I was just hoping to be done with it...

Anyway, I'll have a go at this. If you see this in time, and can answer my question about the out-of-order installation of DJ Vol 2, that would be great. Otherwise, if I haven't heard back, I'm going to try it anyway, and I'll report back.

Thanks (!!) again.

- s.west
  • I started fram scratch with the DJ things. First I uninstalled what I did befor. How to uninstall was in the readme.
  • Ok... cool. I actually haven't begun the process I outlined earlier (even after 2+ hours... too many other things to do).

So, I'll try to start over. And, as you implied, I'll only do the DJ portion. I'm looking for the readme [goes to look] umm.... which readme? I'm not finding a DJ-specific readme.

No great hurry on a response on this last question, as I am currently focused entirely on preparing for our Pathfinder game tonight.

I'll check back later.

Thanks, again, for your help. I have those 4 zipfiles (for DJ volume 2) downloaded, unpacked, and placed into their proper location (ProgramData\CC3Plus\Symbols\Dundjinni Archives\...) So, I should be ready to go with re-doing this. And, as I don't have a catalog of creations that might somehow be damaged, I am not worried about re-installation.

Cheers,

- s.west
  • Last post for now (as I said, I had to quit working on this in order to prepare for tonight's game).

Since, as I mentioned in my previous post, I had already performed the download/unzip/copy operation in order to get files into their proper locations, I went ahead and, somewhat impetuously, re-executed "dj_vol2_setup.exe".

Following that, I executed CC3+ and when it came up I clicked on "CSUAC/DA Animals -> Camels" (like I did before), and those last two images (Camel01 ee, and Camel02 ee) show up properly, instead of the Red Xs.

I'll report more later, when I have a chance to check further on things.

Regards,

- s.west
  • I think what I remember as a readme were the installation instructions that came with the .exe
    If not that, then it was an entry in the FAQs

I would say if it works it works