No matching draw tool

I somehow "destroyed" my CC3:

I started maping on a new battle map. I made a sample wall just to see if it has the right thickness and if the bitmap had the right scale. I wasn't happy with the latter as it was really pixellated, so I thought: hey! I've got those shiny high dev bitmaps, why don't they sow up? so I seleted import bitmap fill style, selected one i liked, got the message, that 39 fill stiles where added. Now when I want to draw a wall i get the error message

"No matching draw tool for "Wall*"

There is no draw tool matching your selection in the current draw tool style.
Even a restart does not help.

So I thought: well, that was a bad idea. But ok, I just make a new map with a style that already has the bitmaps preloaded. But even this new map has the same error :/

Please help!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2020
    Which map style are you making your map in?

That error occurs because there are no drawing tools for drawing walls in the current style. That can occur because the map style you are picking doesn't have them in the first place (not all styles have all kinds of drawing tools), or if you have changed the style of your drawing from the Drawing Properties image dialog. For example, picking an overland style here for a dungeon map will cause this, since overland style doesn't have wall drawing tools.
    The final reason this can occur is if you manually change toolbars. Again, if you start a new map in an overland style, then switch to the DD3 toolbars while still working on that overland map, you will get this error, because that overland style didn't have any wall tools.
  • The new map is in Forlorn Village style.

So does that mean, if I import bitmap fill styles that i change the style of my map?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    No, importing fill styles won't change the map style.

Forlorn Village? Do you mean Forlorn Cottage? If so, this style doesn't have any wall tools, so the error is as expected. Forlorn Cottage is an add-on style that contains some additional fills and symbols compatible with the base SS4 style. You'll find the wall tools there. To access those, click the All Map Drawing Tools image button, and pick SS4 Dungeons of Schely in the style drowdown. You can switch here between the SS4 mains style and the Forlorn Cottage addons.
  • I see! Thank you very much!

I still don't get how I switched from having a wall tool to not having it by adding bitmaps from a style that does not have a wall tool, but this workaround is probably the most important thing you could teach me. Now I can always find the tool i'm searching for, even if I break something again ^^