City Streets

I saw some discussions on random streets and house placement and that got me to wondering.

Can this be done with CC3 using the Modern City Street annual or would I be better off getting CD3. Sometimes I do maps that are 1' = 100 meters, so the grids and towns can be quite large. I know I could select a particular building from the drawing tools and then using snap to line (or whatever it was called) individually place buildings where I would like them. But that is tedious (although it does use Brute Force and Ignorance).

In a couple of trial runs I noted that for my purposes, I just want the building to be black and I had to go back and change them all individually. Again, BFI.

An example is attached of a typical small German town from the current day.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    For something like this I would probably go with the random street tool from CD3, at least as the basis, especially if the map gets larger. Otherwise drawing all those houses by hand becomes a pain. Note that since Update 25, the random street tool is included in basic CC3+.
  • Thanks Ralf, I discovered the Street Tool while cogitating about this. There is much to master about the program and right now my emphasis is on my large map and game development. Not so much large scale maps ath the level of my more tactical scenarios.