Clean Reinstall of CC3+

having had several issues with an old hard drive , I have replaced it and looking at my downloads from the registration page of Profantasy I wondered if I need to install CC3 and then CC3+ or just the CC3+ file?
I will be also installing City Designer, 3 Dungeon Designer3, symbol sets 1,2,4,5. I am not installing Sourcemaps: Castles & Sourcemaps: Temples, Prospectives Pro, Cahracter Artist, and any thing from CC2, CC2Pro, CC2 v6 & the old Tome of Ultimate Maping, or any thing earlier.
then going to start buying the Annuals (they are all for CC3+ - Correct?).

just need to make sure CC3 is a needed install before I go on

Thank you every one

Q

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited May 2020
    CC3 and CC3+ are separate apps, and since CC3 is now relatively obsolete I would recommend sticking with just CC3+.

You will need to redownload all the installers rather than using any old ones you have in your downloads folder.

All the annuals have been updated to function with CC3+ these days.
  • Thank You very much !

Off To Profantasy Registration page to reload a shiny new install of CC3+

thanx Sue

Q
  • Fresh install of CC3+ and it is acting unusual. Opening a new map I can not select Pre-defined Template or Decide myself. All options are blank.
    Land Mass and all the buttons in the upper left give a box :
    ---------------------------
    CC3
    No matching draw tool for "Land, Default*"

There is no draw tool matching your
    selection in the current draw tool style.
    OK
    I let CC3+ install to the path that it suggested. maybe that was not the correct path? - C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus

Did I break it ? Should it have been installed to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) ?

have not yet installed any other sets yet

Q
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2020
    CC3+ always installs to c:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus. What you put in C:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus was the CC3+ data directory, and it is fine there.

Since everything is blank, it indicates that CC3+ can't find it's data directory for some reason though, since there is where all templates and everything is stored.

There should be a file called c:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\@.ini. Can you open this file in a text editor and see that the path stored inside it actually points to C:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus, and double check that the CC3+ components are indeed installed in that directory? (ProgramData is a hidden folder, so you can't see it by default, but you should be avle to just paste "C:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus" into your windows file explorer address bar)
  • edited May 2020
    I reinstalled and now see the error of the path I typed. the program is still acting unusual with the same problems and the File c:\Program Files(x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\@.ini is not in this folder.
    thanks for all your help
    Q

edit - I checked the version - it is CC3+ v.3.94 so I have not used the update #25
    edited May 2020
    Note, I forgot the space before "(x86)" in my post above.

But if you don't have the file c:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\@.ini, then something have gone seriously wrong with your installation.
    You can try to create it, it is just a file called @.ini, it is a plain text file you can edit with notepad, and it contains a single line of text, which is the path to your data directory, C:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus by default.

But if this file is missing, I am worried that there may be other issues as well.
  • Created the word pad file named @.ini containing the text " C:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus "
    I then put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus

there has been no change.
    should I go back and reinstall from CC3 then install CC3+?

the install I'm using is the Download from my Registration Page at the Profantasy website.

Oh dear, I think I did break it now …

my apologies for the bother, I thought I was doing a good thing by reinstalling.

Thank you
    Q
    I suggest you contact support, because it seems like things are happening here that is not supposed to happen. Use the form found on your registered users page.
  • thank you for all your time
    happy mapping
    Q