A question about license for symbols

Hi,

I know that I'm allowed to use all maps created with CC3+ for commercial purposes. But what if I only want to use some assets like certain symbols? For example, what if I would like to use a symbol from CC3+ as icon on a website? Would that be allowed?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You should contact ProFantasy directly with such questions to get a legally correct answer.

But I believe the answer here is no. The license doesn't allow you to redistribute the symbols themselves, only compositions (maps) of them. I believe displaying a single symbol as an icon on a website would be in violation of those terms. But again, I am not qualified to answer such questions.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Yes, Monsen is right here. You can't use individual symbols like that. If you have more specific questions, please contact us directly.
  • Thank you! I honestly tried to find the license but somehow my search-fu failed me this time.

The answer itself was what I expected, but you never know until you ask ;-)
    I have a little project in the works at the moment, that'll likely talk about sooner or later, and maybe I could use some symbols from PF. Not sure yet. For now, I'm happy with the information gotten and if I have further questions I will contact PF directly, as advised. Again thanks for the heads up.