Export sheet effects?

Greetings all,

I am attempting to use the CA158 Ferraris style, which is a CD3 style, in DD3 as well as CC3, for battle maps and overland maps, so that my project maintains a similar appearance for continental, regional, and the tactical maps I am wanting.

However, given how the contours (relief) are done in that style, they extensively rely on sheet effects that I will want to also use for the overland and dungeon/tactical maps.

I know I can just write everything down by hand and look to that as I work on the other maps, but my eyesight is poor and my handwriting is bad, so that becomes problematic. Is there a way, instead, to "export" the series of existing sheet effects so that I can use them for the other maps or perhaps as the settings are already existing in that style, I can then just import them to the maps I am working on?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2020
    Hit the save button in the sheets and effects dialog to create a new preset. Then in the other map, just pick the preset from the drop-down (note that this will replace any effects already there).
    You can also copy one or more effects from a single sheet just by marking them in the sheets dialog and hitting the copy button, and then on the destination sheet (which may be in another drawing), use the paste button.

The default Ferraris style is already found as a preset in the list.

Note that if any of the control are greyed out, make sure to enable sheet effects, and also make sure a sheet is actually selected in the list.