Splitting a circle into two equal arcs

I'm having a problem doing the subject title going about it the way I thought would be the quickest.

If I draw a circle and then use SPLIT and use an endpoint modifier and click near the top of the circle, it will turn it into an arc. However, if I then SPLIT again and click with the endpoint modifier at the bottom, I do end up with 2 arcs, but not where I would expect them to be. I can't select either half. However, if I just eyeball it with the cursor offset (or use snaps to get it precisely offset), I do end up with 2 selectable arcs.

Just so I understand, is there any way to use endpoint modifiers and get 2 selectable arcs mirroring each other?

(Sorry if this is a confusing explanation.)

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2020
    No.

The endpoint modifier selects the ENDS of the line. After splitting the circle the first time, you are left with one large arc, without a visible gap, but still a split point. It will have two ends, and both of them will be located right at the split point. Now, when you use the end point modifier to try to split this arc, CC3+ will dutifully split it at the end point, which is one of the ends of the line. Since the endpoint is at the end of the line, this is basically the same as not splitting it at all.

You'll want to use Midpoint instead, that should give you two identical arcs.
  • So obvious now you've explained it. Many thanks.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You're welcome. Happy mapping.