SOLVED -Removing the outline from a drawing tool

In the attached image there is a section created with the Default Terrain Drawing tool (style = Dungeon DD3 Color) which has a black outline around it.

How do I remove change the drawing tool so it does not create the black outline?

Thanks.

Jason
temp.png 210.7K

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Drawing tools can be changed by clicking the All Map Drawing Tools image button, then click Advanced>>>, find the tool in the list, and make the changes. Removing the outline should be just clicking the outline button and setting it to no outline.

Note that you should create a copy of the tool rather than modify the original. To do this, just make the changes, but hit the 'New' button instead of the 'Save' button, as this will create a new tool using the current settings. You'll need to change the name obviously, the suggested name is the name of the existing tool, and will overwrite it if used.
  • blueFireblueFire Newcomer
    I made a copy of the tool (and renamed it) and tried to modify its outline as shown in the attachment.

After I made the changes to the new tool (and saved it) I still got the same results.

Jason
    After further experimentation the only way I could get the outline to disappear was to change the outline color to the same color as the background. The outline is still there just invisible. I do not know if this would add any unknown complications or not.

Jason
  • It wont.

You can also do a list on the entity and the line.

type list and then click on the edge to be both. The command area in CC3+ should say 2 selected.

right click do it.

There are tag numbers for each item. They will be different.

Click on Erase, right click above the map. A list shows up. Select More, then Entity Tag #.

Type in the tag number for the outline.

Press enter, outline gone.

Note that these tag numbers change from map to map.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    That line might actually be the fill itself configured with an outline. Click the fill style indicator in the top left, go to the brush patterns tab, find the fill in the list (Earth, I believe), uncheck the box labeled 'Outlined' and hit OK. This is a per map setting.
    edited May 2020
    I found a complication when changing the outline to white. When I drew two areas that overlapped there was a white border on the areas that overlaped. See attachment below.

Jason
    edited May 2020
    Posted By: MonsenThat line might actually be the fill itself configured with an outline. Click the fill style indicator in the top left, go to the brush patterns tab, find the fill in the list (Earth, I believe), uncheck the box labeled 'Outlined' and hit OK. This is a per map setting.
    This solved the problem.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Jason