New installation - Data in different directory...

I've been doing some online gaming and wanted to get some of my old maps put into a VTT (Roll20)

I have access to my old FCW files, but do not have access to my desktop, I'm using a Laptop.

I reinstalled CC3+, DD, and Annuals #1 & #4

When I load up one of my old maps its looking for data in C:\Program Files (x86)\Profantasy\.... but my current installation installed its data to C:\ProgramData\Profantasy....
(Specifically, it's looking for data from "Annual Jon Roberts\..." but yet the annuals installed in "CC3Plus\Annual\Issue 54 - Jon Roberts Dungeon"

how would I go about getting my old map to "find" the "new" location?

(And the whole thing seems annoying and I am pretty sure I did a default install before, so surprised everything is in a new place now...)

Ideas? Fixes?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2020
    Sounds like that map is from the CC3 days, since CC3+ never put the data files inside Program Files

Anyhow, all official references uses @ and $ to refer to the data and installation directory, you shouldn't have paths pointing to program files in your map unless you circumvented the symbol catalogs and manually placed the images in the map using absolute paths instead of relative ones. (CC always uses relative paths for images so that maps work fine even if files are installed to a different directory)

You should be able fix this by running the following command line command (hit enter at line breaks), make sure to type things exactly (keep a backup of your map before doing this, it isn't easily reversible):
    replaceimagenamesdwg
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3\

You dropped part of your path in your post, so I assume CC3 here based on what I said above, but you should check your path and see if it says CC3 or CC3Plus, since this is important for the second line of the command

After doing this, click Display Speed Settings image and hit the clear bitmap cache button in the dialog, check the redraw on ok option, and hit ok.
    Assuming that those images belonged to the annual and wasn't custom ones, your map should now be fine.
  • Thanks. that helped.. (kicked in even before I refreshed...)

Now to just find the one (or two) missing bits that must have been custom... (I had a nice B&W tiled marble floor covering...)

Thanks again!

(And yes, it was probably a CC3 created or something like that.)