can't access overland map add on in an older map

Hi all, I'm new to CC3+. I come from the user friendly programs world of graphic design so this program seems especially arcane to me. The scope and breadth of this forum is intimidating. I did look for the answer before writing this. I am trying to update a huge VERY old CC map from 20 years ago. I bought the program and a lot of the addons at once and they all loaded fine and each had a nice little icon at the top of the screen to access the symbols from. Then today I bought another add on the Overland Map add on specifically to get some nicer terrain options to layer onto this old map. The upload seemed to go fine but no icon showed up in CC3+ and I can't find any of the Overland Map Symbols to access when I load my old map. Also when I look at the catalog options it is not listed as one of my addons. Yet if I start a new map the option for overland comes up with the SS1 options. How do I get the SS1 terrain options to appear on the old map?

Comments

• When I finally found the symbol in Overland map setting I saved it to a new catalog and that worked but when I opened my old map and went to my new catalog to access it, the symbol was a flat green terrain instead of the lovely textured one it was in the new overland map setting. What happened to it? Why does the symbol change from the new map to the old map?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I assume you are talking about drawing tools, not symbols (drawing tools can also show in the symbol catalog window).

Drawing tools are dependent on fill styles already being defined in the map. If you wish to use drawing tools in a map which haven't been set up for the style the drawing tool belongs to, you need to import the fills first.
    Easiest way to do this is to create a new map in the appropriate style. Then, in your old map, use Draw -> insert file and pick the new file you just made. Once you have the new map on the cursor ready to place, simply hit Esc to abort. The fill styles will have been copied over, but nothing from the new map will be inserted. Now the tools will work.