How to work with text - for Dream map?

Hello guys!

I'm new here in forum. Just yersterday bought CC3+.

I trying to use this soft for Dream map! This is some special thing when you are mapping your dreams, you transfer the terrain from dreams to paper or to a program. I want to use a computer for this. Sure I need to write somewhere in map all my dreams.

The main thing is using text of my dreams in CC3+.

Yersterday I sit all evening trying to understand how everything is working. Text working quite difficult.

1. I learnt how to delete text and edit text. Only option I found to edit text is here - Edit - Text - Edit Text. Any more easy method to edit text? I need to do it in 1 click...

2. Any other methods to work with text? Maybe some addons? The best thing that can be for my purpouse - add some text exactly to Symbol (house, tree, etc). And the best way will be to open this text when I will click on this Symbol. (For example, some kind of notes). Is there method to do this in CC3+?

3. If there are no methods to do thing from 2, then possible actually just to add small text on Symbol. But again I have problem - I can write only 256 letters. Any method to write more text?

Please help me with my questions! Thanks.

Comments

• DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited April 2020
    Posted By: dream77Hello guys!

--- SNIP ---

1. I learnt how to delete text and edit text. Only option I found to edit text is here - Edit - Text - Edit Text. Any more easy method to edit text? I need to do it in 1 click...
    The best way to change a single block of text is to click the Numeric Edit image icon (or type "PEDIT" on the command line) and select the text you want to change.
    Posted By: dream772. Any other methods to work with text? Maybe some addons? The best thing that can be for my purpouse - add some text exactly to Symbol (house, tree, etc). And the best way will be to open this text when I will click on this Symbol. (For example, some kind of notes). Is there method to do this in CC3+?
    To change the text attributes embedded in some symbols you should also use the Numeric Edit image function. Just click the icon then the symbol reference with the attributes you want to change. (This is a very adaptable function that can change the text/numeric data of almost any type of entity.)
  • Yes thank you for Numeric Edit! It working nice!

And now the main question - is there method to change letters from 256 to unlimited or at least 1024?

Ana maybe somebody else will give some other information from my first questions. Thanks a lot in advance!
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    The only way you can have more characters than 256 is if you link to an external text file (.txt) as an input when you click to add text.

The disadvantage there is that you can only edit the text by editing the .txt file.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    For 2, you can add the text as map notes. These also allows up to 8000 characters (The Map Notes image button )

You can then create a hotspot on the symbol with a macro that opens the note (Tools -> Macros -> Make Hotspot)
    (OPENNOTE note name)
  • edited April 2020
    Loopysue, thank you about TXT! This is nice. Maybe I can do now what I want. Still not super comfortable but maybe possible :) Need to try with many files!

Monsen, thank you for method but it not so much comfortable lik txt file!

Still waiting for more ideas! Thanks!!! It will be super nice if it will be possible to change somewhere 256 symbols to more symbols :) Maybe somewhere in program in files?

Or just some another methods that is possible to add texts in tree for example or any other Symbol!
  • Don't worry, some of us, including me, had problems. I still have problems. But I churn out lots of maps.