Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2020

Well, as long as the top of the wall is walkable with crenelations, you don't need towers to defend it.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2020

Bowmen that hop out between the crenelations always seem more vulnerable than bowmen in towers.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2020 edited

Stout Tower.

Last stop before Keeper Tower, and battles with the humanoids. That is why the storage warehouses, two stables, and a large inn.

I'm not happy with the effects I chose. They look off to me.

fcw attached.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2020

I would probably start by reducing the glow on that road to something much less, probably 1.
    The shadows are also too light, I would probably have kept the shadows as black, that gray color doesn't really do it.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2020 edited

okay. I'll fix it.

First is color gray 243 second is color zero for shadows,
      stout_tower01_015b.png
      stout_tower01_016b.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2020

The shadows look much better done in black :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2020

Okay, I'll use the gray, I mean the black shadows.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2020 edited

(mistyped)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

Wrel Tower. Another last bastion before the adventures in the nearby Mountains.

The ruins in the Northwest part of the map, don't ask about it as it isn't there.

But if you ask a peasant, and there are no guards nearby, they will say its the old tower, and is believed to be haunted. Even though there is just a small ring of stones left. The guards will imprison anyone who keeps asking about it as they don't want to bring down the curse on the (new) Wrel Tower.

What is the curse ? I leave that up to the DM/referee that uses this map... but giant mallards might be involved... "Quack ?", oops, never mind !
      wrel_tower01_006b.png
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTime7 days ago

The curse clearly keeps the tax collectors away from Wrel though ;) Or are they here only in secret?
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Sounds plausible.

On my cell
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime3 days ago

I hope to get back to this in the coming week. Over half of the maps for this set have at least reached the preliminary stage.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTime2 days ago

These maps are all coming along quite nicely Jim. Bravo!

You are much better than I am at actually getting your maps finished. I'm such a procrastinator. :D
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime2 days ago edited

I keep playing Everquest II.

But here are the three shops in Bell. Even the one that is well lit up seems dingy and dark. The yellow floors are not helping. A rather dreary shade of yellow.

I used the CA03 Fantasy Tavern Template to make these.

Had a hard time finding tools, etc. for such paces. I think I saw them, but couldn't locate them.

The larger storage building will be later this week. The trap door in the Cheese shop is the storage area for the cheese. Have to label that.
      Bell_adventure_store01_0014b.png
      Bell_bread_cheese01_0007b.png
      Bell_repairs01_0010b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime2 days ago

A slight redo of the Bell map.
      Bell_villagearea01_019b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime2 days ago edited

And here is the storage building. Two floors.

The caretaker has been here for many long years. Doesn't seem to age a bit.

Seems rather feeble... but the place has never been robbed.

Oh, there have been screams at night, a villager carefully knocks on the door and asks if everything is alright ?

The caretaker may or may not say there was an intruder, but everything is fine now.

The villager runs away as something large and ponderous is heard approaching the door.

The next day the head guard calls on the caretaker, bringing more food and firewood, and asks about was there any trouble last night ? The wall guards heard screams.

The caretaker has replied in several ways a) looks startled and claims it was a mouse all taken care of. 2) Or there was an intruder, there are their belongings if you want to give them to relatives, but I haven't seen the intruder this morning, must have run away, 3) or asks, "What noise ?"

The head guard apologizes for bothering the caretaker, who replies not a problem Sir, thank you checking on me.

And the guard leaves, until next time. Until next time.

That brings the total to 27 maps, out of approximately 37 maps. How many more depends on details and etcetera.
      Bell_storage01_0011b.png
      Bell_storage02_005b.png
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Might need an oven for bread baking either in the store or close-by outside. There's probably space enough in the work room for a large bread oven though. Perhaps also a butter churn?

And we shudder to think of the bargain struck with the Yellow Linoleum Salesman...
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTime21 hours ago

Love your idea on the first floor of separating the storage from the sleeping area with curtains rather than a wall. Bravo!
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime20 hours ago

I'll see if i can find a bread oven and churn. I think I have seen a symbol for an outdoor oven somewhere. Maybe CSUAC2 ?

And you're welcome.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime20 hours ago

Couldn't find an outdoor oven, so I used an indoor one. And did a bit of rearranging as well.

Oh, the curtains. I found that a curtain, when my players expect a stone/brick wall, bothers them more.
      Bell_bread_cheese01_0010b.png