Default Font Sheet Effects Altered?

Hi,

See the image, which is a screen shot showing, on the right, a 5 year old PDF, and on the left, the same map in CC3+ today. Notice the lack of sheet effects on the fonts. Here's the story.

1. Made the map years ago
2. Got new computer a month ago, installed same files, etc.
3. Tried to create new map, noticed sheet effects for fonts are like this image on the left. I.e., unacceptable for my use. Figured something must be wrong.
4. On new computer, opened old map AND new one in CC3+ and compared settings for font sheets effects. They are identical
5. Opened old laptop on which I made the map, opened same map, verified the settings are the same. And, in fact, it looks like the left side of the image, not the PDF of this map from 5 years ago even though it's the same file on the computer that generated that PDF!

I can alter the settings to make effects actually visible - the default settings NOW seem to make them basically non-existent despite being on - but I haven't been able to adjust them in a way that looks good. I must conclude that some sort of default sheet effect that I liked is now defaulting to something else due to updates to CC3+.

So, is there any way to get it back? Does anyone know how I can change the settings to get the old result? I'm hoping this can be done via properties on the sheets effects. I cannot (aka will not) replace the text on these maps because some of them have over a hundred and I'm just not doing that.

This has effectively ruined my old maps.

I sincerely appreciate any help.

Comments