CC3+ on a MAC

I am trying to install CC3+ on my Mac using CrossOver and to be honest I am getting absolutely nowhere. Have any of you guys got CC3+ working on a Mac? and if so how did you do it?

Comments

• markavmarkav Newcomer
    edited April 2020
    Good timing on your question. I have been running CC3+ on Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro for about 3 months now and it works great. I am using Parallels Desktop as the virtual machine which has pretty much made Windows integration seamless. It really works. I don't know anything about CrossOver so I can't offer a comparison to Parallels, but you can download a 14 day trial and give it a go. Highly recommended.

Also. You will need a copy of Windows 10 to run with Parallels, but contrary to popular belief, you can download and run Windows 10 for free so you won't have to fork out the extra dough for that piece.

Side note: Before I bought Parallels I did try and run Windows on VirtualBox 10 but the performance was terrible. I wanted to save the money but I guess you get what you pay for.
    ThomasHendrich
  • suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    I run CC3+ on my mac using crossover , this i found is one of the easiest of all the wine options so here is a bullet list
    1. install crossover
    2. double click on the setup.exe for CC3+
    3. crossover will prompt you for a name of the bottle
    4. you will then need to pick the type of bottle ( i use a 64bit windows 7)
    5. pick the type of install , this has some added configuration depending on the program ( i pick unlisted )
    6. the setup program will run prompting you for your serial number
    7. crossover will then download and install any additional files like .net and c++ runtime files
    8. let this all finish and dont open any info pdf's that are prompted by the CC3+ installer
    9. click done at the bottom right of the crossover program install window
    10. in your bottles list in crossover there should be a CC3+ logo that you can double click to run CC3+ ( when running CC3+ your icon will appear in the dock which you can pin there and next time you only need to click on that icon to run CC3+
    11. if you want to add additional features like DD3 or other addons you just need to select your original CC3+ bottle and that feature will be added to your CC3+ program
    12. one little tip once i have installed everything i export to archive and keep that somewhere safe , this archive keeps everything including files , settings etc so if you need to re install you can just pull the whole lot back from your archive file

Rob
  • Thanks Guys. I will have another go with Crossover and see how I get on. Failing that I will certainly have a look at Parallels.
  • Macbook Pro 2017 here. I have both Parallels and Crossover installed. I prefer Crossover. It runs better for some reason. There seems to be some latency with Parallels as when I am drawing a map, the pointer will just jump off the map and I have to bring it back.. I don't know where the issue is as I have no incentive to solve it since crossover runs so well..
  • CC3+ Now installed on my Mac. When I try to use it I have to click or 3 times to get it to respond to a command. Anyone got any ideas as to why?
  • suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    what spec is your mac ? , when it is running how does cc3+ perform , do the dropdown menu items work ok in cc3+ ? does an example map load with all the maps features ?
  • My mac is 09 running Hi Sierra 10-13-6. I have only just installed this and it is very sluggish. I have to tell it to do something 2 or 3 times.......... it will occasionally just shoot off the map.
  • Posted By: WildgeeseMy mac is 09 running Hi Sierra 10-13-6. I have only just installed this and it is very sluggish. I have to tell it to do something 2 or 3 times.......... it will occasionally just shoot off the map.
    09... Is this your primary computer or one you just held onto after upgrading? How much ram and did you replace the original hd with an ssd? All of these things speed up old macs. I don't know how many Mac apps you use, but maybe you want to move to Linux. I believe it runs great on late 2000 macs and you could get crossover.