(WIP) Rispatia, my first CC3+ map

This is my first map in CC3+(I've made a little one back in 2013 with the demo though). Northern and western sections are barely started, mainly working on the southern area (where the castle and city of Rispatia are found). I still don't know how to make proper beaches nor really make the soil less solid and add reliefs and stuff.
Anyway, here's Rispatia, I'll probably upload a more complete version tomorrow.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    That looks very nice! Looking forward to seeing more.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    That's a really good first map :)
  • Ooh, pretty!

Intrigued by the northern river being a different colour to the others; always a bad sign for players!

For representing beaches, you might take a look at this recent Forum topic where there was some discussion of that very subject, albeit for a different mapping style.

Appreciating there may be a good reason for it, but I'm finding the lines of conifers along the lower side of the forests a little distracting; I think it's their more uniform colouring than the rest of the mixed tree cover in the woodlands overall. Maybe swap out a few for deciduous trees instead?
  • Thank you all for your kind comments :)

Wyver, the darker river was a mistake on my part, forgot about it while changing the rivers colors, I think it slipped into another sheet or something. As for the beaches, I've made a little one in the big bay area, connected to a rocky beach to its south. I'll have to touch the effects to see if I can pretty it up, maybe add some symbols (like rocks for the rocky cliff-beach to the south of the sandy beach).

I tried beaking the line of conifers a bit, now it's not as uniform as last time.

I also added a small arid area north of the middle woods.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I love fine tuning a map. You're making this a work of art :)
  • Sorry to learn the river wasn't as odd as I'd hoped; but it's easily done to end up with things on the wrong Sheet...

The edge of the woods are definitely improved now, I think.

Beaches and altered shorelines also looking good. Tweaking the Sheet Effects is an art in itself, and it's worth experimenting to see what looks best; just move the Sheets dialogue pane off to one side so you can see a section of map that'll be influenced by the change, adjust the parameters and click "Apply", then repeat until you're happy with the new look.
  • It is an excelent map Digitoba!